留言板

Access LIferay portal via LAN

Malcolm Vaz,修改在8 年前。

Access LIferay portal via LAN

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 15-10-26 最近的帖子
I have installed liferay portal with tomcat and its running on my localhost on port 8080.
But when I try to access the portal as a user by using the IP address of the machine, it doesn't load the portal. Even specifying the port doesn't work.
I have tried portal-ext.properties with the following lines:
axis.servlet.hosts.allowed=
axis.servlet.https.required=false
tunnel.servlet.hosts.allowed=
tunnel.servlet.https.required=false
spring.remoting.servlet.hosts.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP
spring.remoting.servlet.https.required=false

I just want to access the portal from another machine on the same network. Please give me step by step instructions(noob here).
Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

RE: Access LIferay portal via LAN

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
There's no need for those portal-ext.properties for the purpose you're looking for. It's Tomcat's (and thus Liferay's) default behaviour to be available under all the machine's IP addresses. Therefor the reason for your problems must be one level up - e.g. the operating system or the network infrastructure might have a firewall. Which OS are you on? If it's Windows: How did you answer the "firewall" question when the process first started up? Also, make extra extra extra sure that you don't have a typo in the IP address.
Malcolm Vaz,修改在8 年前。

Olaf Kock:
There's no need for those portal-ext.properties for the purpose you're looking for. It's Tomcat's (and thus Liferay's) default behaviour to be available under all the machine's IP addresses. Therefor the reason for your problems must be one level up - e.g. the operating system or the network infrastructure might have a firewall. Which OS are you on? If it's Windows: How did you answer the "firewall" question when the process first started up? Also, make extra extra extra sure that you don't have a typo in the IP address.

So I tried checking the firewall including ports etc. but it was all ok.
Then I had an installation of another portal (eXo) which also uses tomcat. So I started that server and tried accessing it from another machine on the lan using the ip and it worked. I typed in the same ip with the port no. and I was able to see the login page immediately.
After that I restarted the pc for good measure and then started the tomcat/liferay server. And again I couldn't access it through the other machine on the lan network.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
If you repeat the process of starting exo, can you then get to the login page?

If so, that's still going to point away from Liferay/tomcat and towards some sort of system thing. If nothing changes on the Liferay side but starting exo allows the access, there's something else going on here.
Malcolm Vaz,修改在8 年前。

David H Nebinger:
If you repeat the process of starting exo, can you then get to the login page?

If so, that's still going to point away from Liferay/tomcat and towards some sort of system thing. If nothing changes on the Liferay side but starting exo allows the access, there's something else going on here.

So after reading your post I had a test server. I copied liferay and exo onto it. Started exo , accessed it on local and well as a machine on lan(Logged in to root user and even used the portal). Then I started liferay and used it on local machine, it worked. But then again when I tried accessing it from another machine on lan, I couldn't. So I guess there's no problem with the firewall or ports coz even exo ran on 8080.

So I assume the problem is with liferay/tomcat. What else can I try.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Malcolm Vaz:

So I assume the problem is with liferay/tomcat. What else can I try.

Try the answer I've posted below in the thread.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Malcolm Vaz:
Then I had an installation of another portal (eXo) which also uses tomcat.

Windows Firewall would block the "java.exe" process. If exo uses a different java executable than Liferay (which might happen when one has a JRE bundled), you still might have different firewall settings.
thumbnail
ganesh thakur,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 15-10-19 最近的帖子
i checked but our development server firewall also we kept as off. But still the application is not get accessed from any local LAN machine.
shiva krishna,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 110 加入日期: 15-1-2 最近的帖子
Check your firewall settings and disable it , as it was not related to liferay or try to use goto-->cmd-->use ipconfig/renew and access by IP:8080,,correct me if i am wrong
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Check your firewall settings, you may not be allowing the connections through to tomcat.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Oh so you meant it didn't redirect when trying to log in?

Your IP address should be added to your /etc/hosts file (or the right one for other OS), or you can try adding your IP to one of these redirect.url* properties:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/6.2.3-ga4/portal-impl/src/portal.properties#L5314-L5339