留言板

Random portlet rendering time and slow page load - LR 6.2

Lubomir Georgiev,修改在8 年前。

Random portlet rendering time and slow page load - LR 6.2

New Member 帖子: 23 加入日期: 13-10-29 最近的帖子
Hi,

Currently we are fighting with performance problem of our home page. On that page have 4 portlets:
1. Portlet with links to the other page which rendering time is 200 ms. This is OK.
2. Portlet with some static info - rendering time 50 ms
3. Portlet (asset publisher) showing most recent documents - rendering time 1500 ms
4. Portlet showing most important documents - rendering time 500 ms

My problem is in portlet 3 and 4 which rendering time is different on each refresh of the page. Because of this the Get HTML request time is between 1300 ms to 3200 ms.

For me this is very strange as these are LR portlets not a custom ones.

If i remove these portlets the page is loaded whithin 600 ms.

I was trying to understand why LR performance is different on each request but till now no luck. LR is installed on a new server with 16 cpu cores and 10 GB RAM where all performance optimizations available on internet are applied.

During the timing tests on the server there was only one user - Me.

Lucene search is showing me that the results are found in 50-70 ms.

Do you have idea about this strange behaviour and whether it is posible to optimize loading time.

PS: We have our custom theme in case that it is some how related to the problem.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

RE: Random portlet rendering time and slow page load - LR 6.2

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Do you have any embedded portlet in your custom theme? Even not having in, maybe you could check after removing it...

Asset Publisher is searching using index in 6.2 by default, unless you changed that in your portal-ext.properties, so it should go very fast. BTW, can you attach it just in case I can see something suspicious?

Hi,

Here is my portal-ext.properties:

portal.instance.http.port=8080

users.email.address.required=false

field.editable.com.liferay.portal.model.User.screenName=administrator
field.editable.com.liferay.portal.model.User.emailAddress=administrator

terms.of.use.required=false

passwords.passwordpolicytoolkit.generator=static

users.reminder.queries.enabled=false

journal.template.velocity.restricted.variables=

# Pre authenticators
auth.pipeline.pre=com.xxx.portal.security.LiferayAuth,com.xxx.portal.security.InsisAuthenticator,com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth
auth.pipeline.enable.liferay.check=false
auth.pipeline.multiple.authenticators=true

##
## Oracle Database
##
#       jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
#       jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@...........:orcl
#       jdbc.default.username=......
#       jdbc.default.password=.......

##
## Company
##

company.default.name=....
    company.default.web.id=.....
    company.default.home.url=/
    company.default.locale=bg_BG
    company.default.time.zone=Europe/Sofia

company.security.auth.type=screenName

company.security.send.password=false
    company.security.send.password.reset.link=false
    company.security.strangers=false

company.settings.form.authentication=general,ldap

##
## LDAP
##

ldap.auth.enabled=true
    ldap.auth.required=true

#
    # Settings for importing users and groups from LDAP to the portal.
    #
    ldap.import.enabled=true
    ldap.import.on.startup=false
    ldap.import.interval=200000

ldap.import.method=group

ldap.import.create.role.per.group=true

ldap.password.policy.enabled=true

ldap.export.group.enabled=false

ldap.base.provider.url.0=ldap://X.X.X.X:389
    ldap.base.dn.0=dc=dom35901,dc=bg,dc=ad,dc=sys
    ldap.security.principal.0=xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
    ldap.security.credentials.0=...........

ldap.auth.search.filter.0=(sAMAccountName=@screen_name@)

ldap.user.mappings.0=uuid=uuid\nscreenName=sAMAccountName\npassword=userPassword\nemailAddress=postOfficeBox\nfirstName=givenName\nlastName=sn\njobTitle=title\ngroup=memberOf
        ldap.user.custom.mappings.0=Certificate=userCertificate

ldap.group.mappings.0=groupName=cn\ndescription=description\nuser=member

ldap.import.user.search.filter.0=(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(!(title=Functional Account)))
    ldap.import.group.search.filter.0=(&(objectClass=group)(description=Eportal))

ldap.contact.mappings.0=
    ldap.contact.custom.mappings.0=

#
# Set the following to true if users are allowed to have simultaneous logins
# from different sessions. This property is not used unless the property
# "live.users.enabled" is set to true.
#
auth.simultaneous.logins=true
live.users.enabled=true

##
## Default Admin
##
    default.admin.password=.........
    default.admin.screen.name=admin
    default.admin.email.address.prefix=admin
    default.admin.first.name=Administrator
    default.admin.middle.name=
    default.admin.last.name=Administrator    

layout.show.portlet.access.denied=true
layout.default.template.id=my_two_columns

index.on.startup=true
index.on.startup.delay=60

com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.cas.CASFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter=false

##
## Web Server
##

web.server.http.port=-1
    web.server.https.port=-1

web.server.host=

#web.server.protocol=https

#
# Configure email notification settings.
#
        admin.email.from.name=Liferay Dev Server
        admin.email.from.address=xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx

##
## Announcements Portlet
##
    announcements.email.from.name=
    announcements.email.from.address=

announcements.email.to.name=
    announcements.email.to.address=noreply@liferay.com

announcements.email.subject=com/liferay/portlet/announcements/dependencies/email_subject.tmpl
    announcements.email.body=com/liferay/portlet/announcements/dependencies/email_body.tmpl

announcements.entry.types=general,news,test
    announcements.entry.check.interval=15
    announcements.entry.page.delta.values=5,10,25,50,100

asset.publisher.display.styles=table,title-list,abstracts,full-content    

##
## Calendar Portlet
##

calendar.event.types=anniversary,appointment,bill-payment,birthday,breakfast,call,chat,class,club-event,concert,dinner,event,graduation,happy-hour,holiday,interview,lunch,meeting,movie,net-event,other,party,performance,press-release,reunion,sports-event,training,travel,tv-show,vacation,wedding
    calendar.event.check.interval=15
    calendar.event.ratings.enabled=true
    calendar.event.comments.enabled=true

calendar.email.from.name=
    calendar.email.from.address=

calendar.email.event.reminder.enabled=true
    calendar.email.event.reminder.subject=com/liferay/portlet/calendar/dependencies/email_event_reminder_subject.tmpl
    calendar.email.event.reminder.body=com/liferay/portlet/calendar/dependencies/email_event_reminder_body.tmpl

dockbar.add.portlets=56,101,110,71

##
## Journal Portlet
##

journal.article.form.add=content,abstract,categorization,schedule,display-page,related-assets,permissions,custom-fields
    journal.article.form.translate=content,abstract
    journal.article.form.update=content,abstract,categorization,schedule,display-page,related-assets,custom-fields
    journal.article.force.autogenerate.id=true
    journal.article.types=announcements,blogs,general,news,press-release,test
    journal.article.view.permission.check.enabled=true

#
    # Configure email notification settings.
    #
    journal.email.from.name=
    journal.email.from.address=

journal.email.article.added.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.added.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_added_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.added.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_added_body.tmpl

journal.email.article.approval.denied.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.approval.denied.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_denied_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.approval.denied.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_denied_body.tmpl

journal.email.article.approval.granted.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.approval.granted.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_granted_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.approval.granted.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_granted_body.tmpl

journal.email.article.approval.requested.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.approval.requested.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_requested_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.approval.requested.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_approval_requested_body.tmpl

journal.email.article.review.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.review.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_review_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.review.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_review_body.tmpl

journal.email.article.updated.enabled=false
    journal.email.article.updated.subject=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_updated_subject.tmpl
    journal.email.article.updated.body=com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/email_article_updated_body.tmpl

ldap.user.ignore.attributes=timeZoneId

session.timeout.redirect.on.expire=false

# portal is not running behind LB with https
web.server.http.port=80
web.server.https.port=443
web.server.protocol=https
portal.instance.http.port=8080

monitoring.level.com.liferay.monitoring.Portal=HIGH
monitoring.level.com.liferay.monitoring.Portlet=HIGH

monitoring.data.sample.thread.local=true
monitoring.portal.request=true
monitoring.portlet.action.request=true
monitoring.portlet.event.request=true
monitoring.portlet.render.request=true
monitoring.portlet.resource.request=true
monitoring.show.per.request.data.sample=true

#lucene.store.type=ram
lucene.store.type.file.force.mmap=true
index.search.collated.spell.check.result.enabled=true
index.search.query.suggestion.enabled=false
index.search.writer.max.queue.size=-1
index.on.upgrade=false
lucene.buffer.size=124
lucene.merge.factor=100

layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.allow.core.thread.timeout=false
layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.core.thread.count=15
layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.max.thread.count=40
layout.comments.enabled=false
ehcache.blocking.cache.allowed=true

auto.login.hooks=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.RememberMeAutoLogin
social.bookmark.types=

thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Hi Lubomir,

I think you are doing some bad practices by overriding properties with their default values. This means that, if you try to upgrade, you probably miss many improvements made on each new release.

Additionally, I think you are using too many properties but probably didn't tested properly after each change.

I would check first removing these:

live.users.enabled=true

monitoring.portal.request=true
monitoring.portlet.action.request=true
monitoring.portlet.event.request=true
monitoring.portlet.render.request=true
monitoring.portlet.resource.request=true
monitoring.show.per.request.data.sample=true

lucene.store.type.file.force.mmap=true

layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.allow.core.thread.timeout=false
layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.core.thread.count=15
layout.parallel.render.thread.pool.max.thread.count=40

Remove those and restart and check how it goes...

Hi Juan,

Almost all of these properties were added by me yesterday while I was trying to make things better.

All of the monitoring options were added in order to know what are the portlet render times and they will be removed later.

The only properties that were there at the very beginning are:
live.users.enabled=true

However I will try to remove all the properties that are in you post and will let you know what is the result.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Lubomir Georgiev:
Hi Juan,

Almost all of these properties were added by me yesterday while I was trying to make things better.

All of the monitoring options were added in order to know what are the portlet render times and they will be removed later.

The only properties that were there at the very beginning are:
live.users.enabled=true

However I will try to remove all the properties that are in you post and will let you know what is the result.

Ok, after your checks removing these properties maybe we have to focus on which assets are being rendered in asset publisher (Web content with embedded portlets? structures, templates doing some XML processing?..).

These properties did not change the situation - Get HTML request time is 1700-2800 ms.

I will start with the most time consuming portlet - it is one portlet with 4 embedded portlets which are pointing to 4 different categorized Web Contents.
Could you please tell me what could be the problem or what is needed to be checked?

Thanks.

I have also took a look at the other portlets and here is another configuration:
1. On the home page there is nested portlet with 2 columns
2. Inside the nested portlet I have 5 other portlets with relatively simple structure - title, image and link

In the configuration where these 5 portlets are inside of the nested portlet - the nested portlet render time is about 500 ms.
Just for the test I have moved these 5 portlets outside of the nested portlet and the time was reduced with 300-400 ms.

I think that all the problems are coming from the nested portlets as all of the data that is printed on the screen is in nested portlets.

Do you have any ideas how to solve or workaround this problem?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Lubomir Georgiev:

I think that all the problems are coming from the nested portlets as all of the data that is printed on the screen is in nested portlets.

Well, yes, nesting portlets will be always more time consuming than not having to nest them. Is really necessary for your project to nest those portlets? Can't you just embed them once? (only 1 nesting level)..

Hi,

Maybe it is possible but i am not sure how to do that.

The problem is that on our home page we have mix of columns and rows:

Column 1:
Row 1 - one column nested portlet displaying latest news (structure), again slow rendering

Row 2 - two columns nested portle with two custom portleys, this us relatively fast

Row 3 - nested portlet with four columns, and 2 rows

Row 4 5 6 - portlets
--------------

Column 2
Row 1 2 3 - portlets
Row 4 - nested portlet with four rows (structures), again slow rendering

This is the structure of our home page. Do You know whether it is possible somehow to optimize it.

Hi,

I have found that nested portlets are rendered one by one. I have changed the render-weight to 0 in order to make LR to render them in parallel and now the load time is reduced from 3 s to ~600-700 ms.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Back from Spanish Symposium...

I have curiosity about why are you using nested portlets just to change the layout. Why don't you use layout templates for rendering them?

Because in each section we need to have different number of columns. The other reason is because we are using the nested portlet title as group title for group of portlets.

My understanding is that this is the easier eay to do that....actually i am not sure how to do it with the layout templates.

Hi,

Now when the home page is ok as loading speed, I am working on the other migrated custom portlets from 6.1 to 6.2.
The setup is - page with one portlet with some functionality. On LR 6.1 the page response is returned for 1.5 s but the same portlet on LR 6.2 is returned for 2-3 s.

We have again this strange behavior - random page loading time (the server is processing one and the same thing in a different way every time).

If I press F5 on the browser on every 5-10 sec the response is about 2 s.
If I press F5 after 5 min. the response time is higher - 3+ sec.

Setting all Caching LOGs properties to ALL is showing the following on every F5:

18:53:26,134 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired 10196 from com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.EntityCache.com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl
18:53:26,181 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted 10196 into com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.EntityCache.com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl
18:53:26,373 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired null_CUSTOM_izd_single_column from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:26,375 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted null_CUSTOM_izd_single_column into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,656 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.mtplapplication_WAR_izdportlet.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,657 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.mtplapplication_WAR_izdportlet.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,658 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,659 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portlet.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,668 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portal_normal.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,669 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/portal_normal.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,672 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired _SERVLET_CONTEXT_/html/themes/_unstyled/templates/init.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,673 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted _SERVLET_CONTEXT_/html/themes/_unstyled/templates/init.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,723 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/init_custom.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,729 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/init_custom.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,807 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired 5165366 from com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.EntityCache.com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl
18:53:27,816 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted 5165366 into com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.EntityCache.com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl
18:53:27,877 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired 10154#10192#PORTAL-FOOTER-EXTERNAL-TEMPLATE from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,879 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted 10154#10192#PORTAL-FOOTER-EXTERNAL-TEMPLATE into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,881 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/error.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:27,883 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted com/liferay/portlet/journal/dependencies/error.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:28,013 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired 10154#10192#PORTAL-FOOTER-INTERNAL-TEMPLATE from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:28,015 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted 10154#10192#PORTAL-FOOTER-INTERNAL-TEMPLATE into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:28,159 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:73] Expired izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/navigation.vm from com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:28,162 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-53][PortalCacheCacheEventListener:87] Inserted izd-theme_SERVLET_CONTEXT_/templates/navigation.vm into com.liferay.portal.kernel.template.TemplateResourceLoader.vm
18:53:28,495 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-14][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/JQUERY-UI.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,497 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-14][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-14]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-ui.js
18:53:28,498 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-14][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-14]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-ui.js 1 ms
18:53:28,528 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-26][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/JQUERY-UI-1.10.3.CUSTOM.MIN.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,529 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-26][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-26]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js
18:53:28,531 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-26][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-26]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js 2 ms
18:53:28,540 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-32][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/JQGRID/GRID.LOCALE-BG.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,541 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-32][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-32]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jqGrid/grid.locale-bg.js
18:53:28,543 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-32][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-32]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jqGrid/grid.locale-bg.js 2 ms
18:53:28,551 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/JQGRID/JQUERY.JQGRID.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,552 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-35]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jqGrid/jquery.jqGrid.js
18:53:28,553 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-35]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jqGrid/jquery.jqGrid.js 1 ms
18:53:28,704 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-21][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/JQUERY-1.10.2.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,705 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-21][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-21]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-1.10.2.js
18:53:28,707 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-21][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-21]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/jquery-1.10.2.js 2 ms
18:53:28,795 INFO  [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:415] Caching request HTTP:///IZD-THEME/JS/COMMON.JSNULL?#BG_BG#-619257723#TRUE
18:53:28,796 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:164] [http-nio-8080-exec-35]> com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/common.js
18:53:28,798 DEBUG [http-nio-8080-exec-35][CacheFilter:183] [http-nio-8080-exec-35]< com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter /izd-theme/js/common.js 2 ms

As I can see LR is constantly inserting and removing something form the cache and I think that it is not a normal behavior, is that correct?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Sorry but without knowing which kind of portlets are your custom ones and/or the other ones you are using in Nested Porlets portlet, it is very difficult to make a guess.
Javier Gutiérrez,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 12-2-8 最近的帖子
Juan Gonzalez:
Back from Spanish Symposium...

I have curiosity about why are you using nested portlets just to change the layout. Why don't you use layout templates for rendering them?

Hi Juan!

I read about Lubomir changes, in ordet to render portlets in paralell.

I found 2 related issues about performance by parallel rendering:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/FACES-1773
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-57880

Do you know if this functionality was fixed in Liferay 6.2?
Or is unavaliable definitely? (and I need to apply the Lubomir procedure).

Thanks a lot.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在7 年前。

Hi Javier.

Javier Gutiérrez:

Hi Juan!

I read about Lubomir changes, in ordet to render portlets in paralell.

I found 2 related issues about performance by parallel rendering:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/FACES-1773
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-57880

Do you know if this functionality was fixed in Liferay 6.2?
Or is unavaliable definitely? (and I need to apply the Lubomir procedure).

Thanks a lot.

Paraller rendering wasn't broken AFAIK. The only thing you should care about is configuring parallel rendering timeouts just in case your portlets spend more time than that when rendered. Just take a look at layout.parallel.render.* properties.

About parallel rendering, take into account that this feature only works for Tomcat, and was disabled in Liferay 7 (https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-58748).
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Lubomir Georgiev:
These properties did not change the situation - Get HTML request time is 1700-2800 ms.

I will start with the most time consuming portlet - it is one portlet with 4 embedded portlets which are pointing to 4 different categorized Web Contents.
Could you please tell me what could be the problem or what is needed to be checked?

Thanks.

What portlet type is the "parent" portlet where the embedded portlets reside? What are the types of the embedded portlets? You said they are "pointing", are those Web content display portlets, Asset publisher or a custom portlet?