留言板

User can't manage Alert Portlet entries

thumbnail
Scott Rabon,修改在13 年前。

User can't manage Alert Portlet entries

Junior Member 帖子: 48 加入日期: 10-4-15 最近的帖子
I'm using Liferay 6 EE (6.0.5) and I'm trying to create the role that will allow a user to manage alerts in the Alert portlet. I created a regular role, and give the following permissions:

1. Alerts portlet - Add Entry
2. Community - Assign Members
3. Roles - Assign Members

Now the user with this role can see the Manage Entries tab, but the Distribution Scope drop down only has the two headings Communities and Roles. However there is nothing under each heading. So the user can't pick a Distribution Scope and therefore can't create or manage any alerts. Is there permissions I'm missing to allow this role to manage alert entries?

Thanks,
Scott
thumbnail
Hugh Martin,修改在13 年前。

RE: User can't manage Alert Portlet entries

Junior Member 帖子: 75 加入日期: 10-6-15 最近的帖子
Well, you've gotten farther than I have. I am running the 6.0 EE trial and I've created a regular role with, I believe, essentailly the same permissions (see attached screenshot). However, the user assigned to this role (in a community) is still unable the Entries and Manage Entries links. This is an important one for our POC. Arg!
thumbnail
Hugh Martin,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 75 加入日期: 10-6-15 最近的帖子
So I decided to go one more step. I logged in as the portal admin and I deleted the Alerts portlet from the community. Next, I changed the community role of my test user to Community Owner (full rights). I then logged on as the test user and added two portlets to the community page: the Language porlet and the Alerts portlet. Since the test user now has the Community Owner role, it was able to add any available portlet to the page. On the Language portlet, the test user had full access (Look and Feel, Configuration, Export / Import, Min, Max, and Delete) - as expected. However, on the Alerts portlet, the test user only had the ability to delete the portlet (and relocate it on the page). Therefore, there appears to be a problem with the Alerts porlet.
thumbnail
Wes Kempa,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 24 加入日期: 08-7-29 最近的帖子
Hugh, I think we found a solution. Part of the issue here is that the connection between Announcements and Alerts is not explained. By adding the Community role of "Manage Announcements" the user who was assigned the regular role was able to chose announcements and alerts as well as the distribution scope pertaining to Communities.

Here are my steps:

• Create a regular role called "Alert administrator"
  • Add the following permissions under "Application -> Alert" - Add Entry, Add to page, Configuration, View
  • Adding the following permissions under "Application -> Announcements" - Add Entry, Add to Page, Configuration, View
  • Edit the community alert administrator
  • "Add Permission">"Portal">Communities>Check box for "Manage Announcements" **Doing the above will enable the user to Scope the Alerts per Community**
  • (optional) "Add Permission">"Portal">Roles>Check box for "Manage Announcements" **Doing the above will enable the user to Scope the Alerts per Role**
thumbnail
Timothy Schenz,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 12-3-23 最近的帖子
Wes, how would this play out if the site did not have communities, just users and user groups? I'm having the same issue with Alerts.