留言板

how to develop small application as portlet

rajiv jackz,修改在13 年前。

how to develop small application as portlet

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 10-9-27 最近的帖子
am new bee, can any one help me , how to do web application with MVC architechure in liferay. already i had developed small inventory application using Strut 2 hibernate and having as war file. shall i integrate war file into liferay as struts portlet or might i need to develop new application from the scratch??emoticon
thumbnail
Nishikant sapkal,修改在13 年前。

RE: how to develop small application as portlet

Junior Member 帖子: 80 加入日期: 10-2-16 最近的帖子
Hi Rajiv,

You can use ext environment or sdk for development and deployment.
thumbnail
Patrick NERDEN,修改在13 年前。

RE: how to develop small application as portlet

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 10-4-16 最近的帖子
Hi Rajiv,

You shouldn't develop any business content inside Liferay since portlets only care the view side of your model.

Instead, you shall expose your application with frontend services (You can use Apache CXF for example). Then you can develop all the exiting portlets you can imagine in terms of ergonomy, style, functionalities. Your portlet will have access to your application through the services you developped.

The last thing to care about is authentication. The best way to deal with it is to integrate your stuff with some SSO server. Liferay already handles plenty of SSO server connectors which will make your work easier. You just need to implement it inside your app. OpenAM for example is very quick to integrate since it only relies on two Web Services. But you can use CAS as well or the one that fits your needs best. Just pass the token along your Web Service request and let your application validate it upon the SSO server to retrieve the connected user.