留言板

Portlet Plugin disapperars after some duration in the portal

Georgian ABRAHAM,修改在8 年前。

Portlet Plugin disapperars after some duration in the portal

Regular Member 帖子: 163 加入日期: 13-4-19 最近的帖子
Hi All,

There is weried behavior in the portal. I have created many portlet plugins after some time the plugin does not appear on the Add portlet option in the UI.

The portlet will be deployed in the portal its available in the webapps and after multliple deployment via the ant the portlet does not appear on the UI.

Why this is the behavior in the portal. Is this is the bug in the liferay?

How this issue can be resolved?

LR 6.2 GA4 CE

Logs:
[com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:966] Updating LightBox Poc from version 6.2.3 to version 6.2.0.1
04:29:26,392 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:975] Not updating LightBox Poc because version 6.2.3 is newer than version 6.2.0.1
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

RE: Portlet Plugin disapperars after some duration in the portal

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Change your version number in liferay-plugin-package.properties. It looks like things are a bit out of sync, 6.2.0.1 (your version) is older (lower) than the current 6.2.3 so it doesn't replace.

May point to a mixup in your environment with respect to artifact versioning...

David i have already done this but no use.

When i deleted the portlet from the webapps and deploy the portlet once again then the issue is resolved.

The portlet appear in the Add in UI section.

If it might be the bug in the portal where after undeploying via deleting from the webapps the issue is resolved because after un-deploying and deploying the issue should not have resolved the same exception might have thrown in the console.

This happens for all the portlets after some duration means that when i redeploy the portlet may times then this exception occurs in the console and i researched in the forums many of them got this issue. one solution i find is to remove from the webapps and deploy it once again this helps in resolving the issue.

i dont know if this can be replicated in the EE version.

Thanks

Hi Liferay experts,

Any inputs on this.

Thanks
thumbnail
Meera Prince,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1111 加入日期: 11-2-8 最近的帖子
HI
We are using EE , I never face like this and its wondering ... even i worked with CE version also i could not see such behavior.. will see for others answers. all the best and try it..

Regards,
Meera Prince

Meera Prince:
HI
We are using EE , I never face like this and its wondering ... even i worked with CE version also i could not see such behavior.. will see for others answers. all the best and try it..

Regards,
Meera Prince

Meera this is the behavior i found. May be some things i might be missing or configuration. Let me know if you found this issue in future.

Deploy/undeploy/deploy(Dont delete from the webapps) the portlets many times. After that may be you can able to replicate the issue.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Are you sharing your liferay-portal so other developer? Maybe someone is deploying on the same server like you do.

Other possibility is to check the autodeploy and deploy folders to see if there are any webapps there that are deploying from time to time.

Check the logs created in some days to see when is Liferay deploying the plugins to check where is the directory they are coming from.

Juan Gonzalez:
Are you sharing your liferay-portal so other developer? Maybe someone is deploying on the same server like you do.

Other possibility is to check the autodeploy and deploy folders to see if there are any webapps there that are deploying from time to time.

Check the logs created in some days to see when is Liferay deploying the plugins to check where is the directory they are coming from.

Juan, Thanks for reply.

Not sharing the liferay portal with anybody and nobody is deploying in it . its just the dev environment i have created. This issue is very random behavior which i cannot replicate frequently. Some times this issue appears with no exceptions on the UI and suddenly the portlets disappears from the Add UI. After checking in the logs i can identify that the issue appeared.

Can you do a favor by checking in your JIRA if this might be the bug in the liferay or any thing i might be missing

Thanks.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Well, your logs clearly state that your plugins versions are different than expected:

[com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:966] Updating LightBox Poc from version 6.2.3 to version 6.2.0.1
04:29:26,392 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:975] Not updating LightBox Poc because version 6.2.3 is newer than version 6.2.0.1

So something/someone is deploying a plugin that states to be of version 6.2.0.1 while 6.2.3 is already deployed. The other way around this would work. Do you happen to work with two different plugin SDKs and alternately deploy from one or the other? Try to scan your disk for any occurrences of liferay-plugin-package.properties (which declares the version). Or invest even more time and look for files with the content "6.2.0.1" and "6.2.3".

Olaf... The same things are advised by you which juan has mentioned.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Georgian ABRAHAM:
Olaf... The same things are advised by you which juan has mentioned.

I know. But as clearly someone/something is deploying a different version of the plugins (Liferay does not just make up deployment attempts with random version numbers) I thought rephrasing it might help.

Based on this, you might want to experiment with monitoring your deploy folder yourself, or write-protect it when you're not expecting anything to deploy. Maybe you'll get an error message about missing write permission in a process that's running unknown to you. Make sure nobody (not even you) can write to the directory unless you willingly and explicitly re-enable write permission for the time that you're actually deploying a plugin, then revert back to write protected.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Georgian ABRAHAM:

Can you do a favor by checking in your JIRA if this might be the bug in the liferay or any thing i might be missing

There isn't any issue like that as I am aware of.

Are you deploying in a local server using Liferay IDE? Maybe you have "Build automatically" checked ("Project" menu) which builds a new version when saving a change.

Juan you are correct am using the Liferay IDE and the "Build automatically" is checked.

Should "Build automatically" option is unchecked ?

Thanks