留言板

Slow loading images in liferay.

Toshiro Mifune,修改在8 年前。

Slow loading images in liferay.

Regular Member 帖子: 238 加入日期: 14-12-11 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I have created a web where on each page, on the top, is image of 100% width - image banner, but when I click on some page this image is loading ... something like scrolling effect, ... but it should just appear with no effect, just show ... can you help me?

Thank you.
Toshiro Mifune,修改在8 年前。

RE: Slow loading images in liferay.

Can I put css in vm pages?
like ...

<style type="text/css">
some css code
</style>

can this cause this slower loading page? ... ... I have no idea I just ask for sure
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi Toshiro,

usually, when image spends too much time when loading shows a problem with image size.

Probably you should check what is the image's real size and use any of the available image tools to scale it down.
Toshiro Mifune,修改在8 年前。

image is about 2MB large ... what is good size of image ... I wanted from this image to be a good quality
thumbnail
Byrån Zaugg,修改在8 年前。

Expert 帖子: 252 加入日期: 12-4-6 最近的帖子
Toshiro Mifune:
image is about 2MB large ... what is good size of image ... I wanted from this image to be a good quality

It really depends on how much quality you're willing to sacrifice to get the size down.

For example, I took a phone camera photo (5312 x 2988 px) and ran it through an online image optimizer. It went form being 3.5 MB, down to 511 KB. There's a tiny bit of compression artifacts, but you really have to look for it. Otherwise this is still a high quality photo.

For web use, I resized it down to 1024 x 576 px, it was now 107 KB, before optimization. After optimization it's down to 88 KB.

Images for web use should be pretty small, both in dimensions and files size. A good rule of thumb, I use, is to keep photo type images under a 200 KB if you can.

I remember a time when we (web industry) tried to keep all images (total) per page load under 70 KB.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Move to more appropiate category

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Move to more appropiate category