留言板

Liferay as Apache-Tomcat virtual host and portlet availability problem

Prashant Mirajkar,修改在13 年前。

Liferay as Apache-Tomcat virtual host and portlet availability problem

New Member 帖子: 22 加入日期: 08-11-24 最近的帖子
Hi,

I have deployed liferay 5.2.3 as virtual host using Apache-tomcat vh and mod_jk.

My extensions, etc. are working fine.

When I deploy my portlets ( where I have used Spring framework) using opencombine.war, the deployment also takes place successfully under ${catalina_home}webapps/opencombine.

However none of the portlets are available, i.e. can't see them in "Add Application".

All this works fine in development env which is essentially liferay bundled tomcat.

cheers,

Prashant
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen,修改在13 年前。

RE: Liferay as Apache-Tomcat virtual host and portlet availability problem

Liferay Master 帖子: 758 加入日期: 07-9-27 最近的帖子
Hi,

Can you verify that the portlets are installed properly and listed in control panel's plugin configuration?

No they don't show up there.

cheers, Prashant
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 758 加入日期: 07-9-27 最近的帖子
So, It looks like the problem is not related to Apache-Tomcat. You should probably look into the logs while deploying the portlet. Also you could try deploying the portlet from control panel and see if that helps identify any issues.

Best,
Shagul

If I move all jars from ext to ROOT/WEB-INF/lib then following error and application portlets not deployed.
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener

If I move all jars from ext to ROOT/WEB-INF/lib as well as ${myapp}/WEB-INF/lib then LayoutTemplateHotDeployListener and PluginPackageHotDeployListener do not kick in to deploy myapp, i.e. if all jars are in ext LayoutTemplateHotDeployListener and PluginPackageHotDeployListener kick in to deploy myapp!

The minimum jars required in ext are

activation.jar
container.jar
mail.jar
portal-kernel.jar
portal-service.jar
portlet.jar
portlet-container.jar

Missing mail.jar produces
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljavax/mail/Session;

And obviously myapp is not deployed.

N.B.: myapp uses some of the classes in portal-kernel.jar and portal-service.jar