留言板

Best deployment practises being followed in a Production environment

anil kottam,修改在9 年前。

Best deployment practises being followed in a Production environment

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 12-5-7 最近的帖子
Hi All,

Could you please share the deployment process you are following .. ideally on Production environment with multi node Liferay Cluster. Any tools you would use to automate the jobs like Jenkins or Puppet will be a great help for me.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Best deployment practises being followed in a Production environment

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
You should not automate the cluster because you cannot control the outcome.

Basically the process is always the same. Take a node out of the cluster, deploy to it, test it to make sure it works, restart the server to ensure you don't have any lingering memory issues, then add node back to the cluster.

Seems pretty simple, but the wrinkle is how you handle sessions. If you're using sticky sessions, when you take the node out of the cluster you need to wait until all sessions have drained off of the node, less you whack the sessions and force your users to start over on a new server.

Automating deployment to test or qa from jenkins, well that just makes sense. Your users/systems won't be impacted if you have to restart them or restore if some part of the deploy fails.

But your production environment shouldn't be treated so lightly...
anil kottam,修改在9 年前。

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. We are having sticky session clustering in our Production environment. We would follow your suggestion. Can you give me any references for how to implement Jenkins with Liferay for automation if possible.

Thanks,
Anil Kottam.
thumbnail

No references, but if your plugins are based on maven they can be built in any jenkins container. Adding a post build script to copy the war artifact to the deploy folder is easy to do and you should be able to google for examples.
anil kottam,修改在9 年前。

Thanks David for the quick reply. Actually our plugins are Ant based so i am not familiar how to automate this deployment, can you please suggest me how to make automation of this Ant based Plugins to deploy. It is taking a huge time to deploy several portlets, themes, layouts etc.

Also after deployment of Plugins we have lot of front end stuff to do in the each node like portlets configuration, assigning page, portlets permissions etc. is this task can be automated in any way.
thumbnail

Well this is harder, of course, but not impossible.

Primarily it will depend upon what you are storing in your source code repository. If it is the whole SDK, well then you just need to pull the changes to the SDK directory and build something. This is the uglier solution since you will probably have multiple plugins but no idea which one(s) need to be rebuilt after a code check in.

If you are storing just the project, well you need a copy of the SDK locally. Your job will check out the plugin but store in the appropriate SDK directory for the build and your artifacts will then be ready in the dist folder post build.

In either case you also need a bundle locally and the SDK needs to be configured to point at it (for EXT plugin building and the like) in the build.<username>.properties file. Again your artifact (war) will be available in the dist folder after the build is complete.

A bigger pain than if you were using Maven (which is going to be the build platform of choice for LR7).
anil kottam,修改在9 年前。

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, I shall work on it.
Sikendar Kumar,修改在6 年前。

Unable to see tags for guest users in liferay 6.2

New Member 帖子: 22 加入日期: 15-9-2 最近的帖子
Hi David ,

This is not related to the current question but , its about tag search for guest user.

I have implemented search functionality , in that i have implemented such a way so that when user select tag and click on search button they can able to see all document which all document associated with that tag but its not working for the Guest user.can any one help me out what needs to do for this.For guest no tags are displaying when user click on select tag. I have used here
<liferay-ui:asset-tags-selector id="<%= SOME COnstant %>" className="<%= DLFileEntry.class.getName() %>" classPK="0" hiddenInput="<%= SOME COnstant %>"/>

Can you please tell me what i need to do here so that guest user also can able to see all tags.