留言板

Private Users' Documents access by Administrators

thumbnail
Cristiano Gusmeroli,修改在9 年前。

Private Users' Documents access by Administrators

New Member 帖子: 11 加入日期: 15-1-19 最近的帖子
Hi,
I'm using the "Documents & Media" portlet in private site users' pages, where each user has his own Home folder to create documents, folders, ...

I'm wondering how can Administrators access these documents from a centralized portlet (I've seen that they can go to private users' pages, but of course they see only documents uploaded by the page owner).

I'm using Liferay Portal CE 6.2 GA3.

Thanks.

Regards,
Cristiano
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Private Users' Documents access by Administrators

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
I believe everything is visible within the control panel...
thumbnail

Hi David.
in the Control Panel, if an Admin selects a Site / Content / Documents and Media, he can see Site's documents and folders.
In theory the Admin should see all Site user's Home folders, select one, and browse it.

Should I go to a different Control Panel area?

Thanks,
Cristiano
thumbnail

Not sure, I've never tried to do this actually, but an admin has rights to everything. I have to believe there's a way to get to it within the control panel, just not sure where it would be. Make sure you're looking at the private area as well as public.
thumbnail

If I'm not mistaken there is a Control Panel for each Site (normal or personal). But the Content area is unique, not different for public and private pages.

I've put a D&M portlet in a private page of the "normal" site and I don't see documents uploaded by Users in their personal pages (I see the same structure that I can find in the normal site control panel).
I've put a D&M portlet in an Admin's personal site private page but it's empty (I imagine I would see documents uploaded by that Admin in his personal site).

The Control Panel of the Global site doesn't help me too.
thumbnail

If you're an admin you can impersonate the user and get on their private site. That might be the quickest path to getting at what you're looking for...
thumbnail

I can access the documents belonging to a single user by going to his/her personal private page with a D&M portlet in it.
I was looking for a single point to access all users' documents.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 549 加入日期: 11-6-25 最近的帖子
Hello Christiano,
I think the proper way of browsing User's documents by Administrator i to go to his/her pages (either private or public) and click Admin -> Content in the top right corner. You can reach user's pages in two ways:
  • By searching user's name in LIferay's search portlet
  • Using Control Panel - Go to Users and Organizations, choose a user, click Actions -> Manage Pages and then View Pages.

Regards,
KG
thumbnail

RE: Private Users' Documents access by Administrators (答复)

Hi Krzysztof,
thanks for your help.
I was actually trying to find a way to access all user's home folders from a unique location, from a centralized portlet. But I've understood the admin can only access a single user's home folder at a time.

Thanks and regards,
Cristiano
thumbnail
Rautureau Jérôme,修改在7 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 52 加入日期: 08-2-22 最近的帖子
Hi everybody,

I had same needs, and i will have to create a group site pour a single member because, i'm agree, admin DON'T have a single access point to all user's private Documents and media files...