留言板

File upload issues after enabling Siteminder SSO

thumbnail
Sean McClelland,修改在13 年前。

File upload issues after enabling Siteminder SSO

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 10-2-13 最近的帖子
Hi,

We recently added Siteminder SSO to our Liferay installation. (5.2, community edition) We have two issues related to file uploading and I was wondering if anyone has seen these problems before:

1. We are no longer able to upload large files through the classic uploader. Small files still work fine. (Sounds like some sort of timeout to me?)
This ends up in a 502 proxy error being returned from Apache.

2. The newer flash based uploader no longer works at all. I can't even upload 1KB files with it.

If we disable SSO everything works fine.

I tried googling file upload issues with Siteminder and came across a post saying that we should add the following line to our WebAgent.conf:

LegacyStreamingBehavior="YES"

Unfortunately this did not fix any of our problems.

There is also a requesttimeout variable in our SmHost.conf file that I have increased to 120 but I am unsure if it really helped anything. I may need to increase it some more but I didn't want to mess with it too much without understanding the implications.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

-Sean
thumbnail
Sean McClelland,修改在13 年前。

RE: File upload issues after enabling Siteminder SSO

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 10-2-13 最近的帖子
Just in case anyone else has this problem -- Disabling mod proxy completely is our current workaround. Still no real fix.
thumbnail
amit doshi,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 550 加入日期: 10-12-29 最近的帖子
Hi Sean,

I am also facing the same issue.

Have you found any solution?

And also in the post you mentioned "Disabling mod proxy completely is our current workaround" .

Can you elaborate how to do ?

Any help will be useful for us.

Regards,
Amit Doshi
Eddy Jones,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 16-9-14 最近的帖子
I've run into this same exact issue. Does anyone have any other ideas or was a solution ever found?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6400 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Eddy Jones:
I've run into this same exact issue. Does anyone have any other ideas or was a solution ever found?

If you're indeed running into the same issue (or any issue) with software that's unmaintained for 6.5 years (5.2 CE), the correct answer is: Please upgrade and validate if the issue still exists. I doubt that anybody will be able to help after such a long time.

Otherwise please state your exact problems and the version that you're using, steps to reproduce.
Eddy Jones,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 16-9-14 最近的帖子
As I said, my issue was identical to the original poster's. Upgrading the environment is out of my control.

For anyone else who stumbles here looking for something actually useful - I found a resolution to this issue here
http://www.no-life.com/2012/07/reverse-proxies-and-default-timeouts/

Turns out it wasn't siteminder.