留言板

configure SMTP per instance/company

thumbnail
Assaf Yakir,修改在14 年前。

configure SMTP per instance/company

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 09-1-30 最近的帖子
Hi everyone,

I've been searching on this topic for days now, and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Is there a way to configure a different mail server for each portal instance/company? For example, in an ASP situation where each instance stands for a seperate client website, and of course we'd like for outgoing mail to go through the client's mail server or mx domain for each website / instance.

What happens now is that client A with the instance "companyA.com" gets an email from "name@main-instance-host.com". And so do clients B, C and so on.

And let's say client A has his own users at "companyA.com", they get messages from "name@main-instance-smtp-host.com" instead of "companyA.com". And another issue is the contact form, via web form portlet, since in this case one size doesn't fit all.

So the way I see it, if we can set the SMTP per portal instance it will be much more organized from an enterprise poin of view.

Am I missing something here? or perhaps we could try handling this at the mail server side, rules and forwarding. But that's just plain ugly.

Would appreciate any assistance or idea.

Assaf
thumbnail
María José,修改在11 年前。

RE: configure SMTP per instance/company

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 08-11-3 最近的帖子
Hi Assaf,

You are right, you are not the only one!! There is another problem with the only-one smtp server when I use gmail: my mails are identified as spam!

Any idea?

Thank you!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: configure SMTP per instance/company

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Multiple SMTP services are not supported. However, you have the source so you can work on an EXT plugin to add it in.

As said before, YOU SHOULD NOT USE GMAIL AS A MAIL SERVER!. It should be of no surprise that these emails get marked as spam.

If you're a legitimate organization you already have a mail server, or at least contracted w/ a mail service company to act as your MX host.