留言板

6.2.1: Can't open Articles from Asset Publisher

Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

6.2.1: Can't open Articles from Asset Publisher

Regular Member 帖子: 223 加入日期: 13-9-30 最近的帖子
Strange thing on one of my customers portals: On a relatively new Portal it's suddenly impossible to open simple web content articles from the asset publisher when shown as Abstracts or Headlines only. It doesn't matter if I configure the Asset Link Behaviour as "View in Context" or "Show Full Content". The Page justs reloads after I click on "Read more..." but the Articles show up as Abstracts again.

I created a completely new Site with some Test Articles on that server, the Site uses the Default "Classic" Theme, and no Structures or Templates for Web-Content are used in my Tests. Any Ideas where this strange behaviour of the Asset publisher comes from?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在9 年前。

RE: 6.2.1: Can't open Articles from Asset Publisher

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi Klaus,

weird issue. Did you change some IP from any of those servers where Liferay is installed? Are you using some load balancer/web server (Apache) and changed some configuration there recently?
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

No, I haven't changed any IP-Adresses and I'm accessing the server directly via IP-Address, not via DNS Name.

Maybe someone can read something out of the URL which is behind the "Read more..." Link:

http://10.5.100.43:8080/web/testsite/home/-/asset_publisher/togyaIsjsjGT/content/artikel-2?_101_INSTANCE_togyaIsjsjGT_redirect=http%3A%2F%2F10.5.100.43%3A8080%2Fweb%2Ftestsite%2Fhome%3Fp_p_id%3D101_INSTANCE_togyaIsjsjGT%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-2%26p_p_col_count%3D1&redirect=http%3A%2F%2F10.5.100.43%3A8080%2Fweb%2Ftestsite%2Fhome%3Fp_p_id%3D101_INSTANCE_togyaIsjsjGT%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-2%26p_p_col_count%3D1
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在9 年前。

Ok, please can you post here your portal-ext.properties?

Did you recently change the way accesing that server? (using dns before and now by IP directly, etc)
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

Sure, here it is...

No, haven't changed the way I access the server. Even directly on the server with http://localhost:8080// it doesn't work.

Btw: The only Exceptions I see in the logs are because of timeouts when trying to get Data from Google Analytics.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在9 年前。

Can you try adding this property and restart?

redirect.url.ips.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP, 10.5.100.43
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

Sorry, no Luck with that. I really don't get it - there's absolutely nothing special with this site, page or articles, but the Page just reloads when I click on Read more in the Asset Publisher. I have a screenshot attached, which shows the page (and URL) after reload.
thumbnail
Rautureau Jérôme,修改在9 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 52 加入日期: 08-2-22 最近的帖子
Hi everybody,

same problem here on my Liferay 6.2.1-ga2 installation...

It was working and suddently it's doesn't work anymore. When i click on a read more link the page refresh but the article is not showed up, it seems that Liferay reload the page and tha'ts it...

Have you an idea ...?
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

I've set up a completely new Liferay Instance on the mentioned Server, which uses a fresh database. I don't use any customizations in that server, just "Basic Web Content" and the default theme. Anyway, I still can't open Articles from the Asset Publisher anymore. It doesn't matter if I open the Page with the Asset Publisher directly on the Server (localhost:8080) or remote via SSL Tunnel.

I really need help here!

@Jérôme: On what Kind of Server (OS and Appserver) are you? I'm just curious.
thumbnail

Hi,

@Klaus : I'm on a debian wheezy with an apache2 http frontal webserver (mod jk) + tomcat 7 (liferay bundle...) on a Mysql 5.5 database server

I have done a full reindexation but none of my asset publisher ADTs (or original installed ADT : abstract for example) can display the article on click...a simple reload of the page is done (and still the URL seems to be ok...)

I have an other environnement with same apps, same IP adresses, same OS, same database same tomcat, same webserver... but in this environnement the articles are showed correctly...

I'm still looking why i have this issue...

Liferay guys ? can you help us ? maybe to activate some interesting loggers ?

EDIT : here the (not functional) used URL : http://icar.agglo-larochelle.fr/group/portail/accueil/-/asset_publisher/dw3CKK1TZ7xh/content/festival-du-film-d-aventure-vivre-grandeur-nature?_101_INSTANCE_dw3CKK1TZ7xh_redirect=%2Fgroup%2Fportail%2Faccueil
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在9 年前。

SOLVED: 6.2.1: Can't open Articles from Asset Publisher

Finally I found the issue, which caused the Problems with the Asset Publisher on my Customers Server. The JAVA_HOME and JRE_Home Environment Variables on that server where pointing to a Java 8 SDK (jdk1.8.0_11), which is currently not supported by Liferay. After installing a Java 7 SDK/JRE and changing that Variables, the Asset Publisher in the Portal behaves as expected.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在9 年前。

RE: SOLVED: 6.2.1: Can't open Articles from Asset Publisher

Klaus Bachmaier:
Finally I found the issue, which caused the Problems with the Asset Publisher on my Customers Server. The JAVA_HOME and JRE_Home Environment Variables on that server where pointing to a Java 8 SDK (jdk1.8.0_11), which is currently not supported by Liferay. After installing a Java 7 SDK/JRE and changing that Variables, the Asset Publisher in the Portal behaves as expected.

Good news Klaus. Yep, some changes can lead to unexpected errors like this, and JDK 8 isn't supported for 6.2.

@Rauture, can you post here your portal-ext.properties? Your Apache should send "localhost" as host header to Liferay, if not, probably some default properties should be changed (or change some configuration in your Apache webserver).
thumbnail

@Klaus : YES ! Thank you for all.

Indeed, i used jdk8 so start liferay 6.2...Who knews...

@Juan : here my portal-ext.properties. If you see something interesting...
thumbnail
Andreas Magnusson,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 7 加入日期: 10-12-1 最近的帖子
Hi Juan!

Just for information, this problem is still present in Liferay 6.2 SP11 which supports JDK 8 according to the Support Matrix. It is quite a big problem and makes Liferay pretty much useless with JDK 8. Any thoughts on if this is known for the Core devs?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Hi Andreas,

I still don't know what the actual issue is and can't see the link between the JDK and those redirections...

Anyway, I see you are using EE. Can you upgrade to the latest fixpack and re-test?

Another test you can make is using other browser (Firefox for example) to see if that can be reproduced there.

Thanks!
Horst Pichler,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 14-10-23 最近的帖子
Hi,

please don't consider this issue solved!

I am running Liferay on Linux/Tomcat with Java 1.7 and experience the same problems.

Asset publisher worked, accidently deleted, created new one with identical configuration, asset publisher broken!

Liferay version is 6.2 CE GA2 (Newton / Build 6201 / March 20, 2014).

Experience the problem: http://bbmri.at/news

Issue has also been described here: https://www.liferay.com/de/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/40740873

My conclusions from tests and upper posts:
- problem is Java-version independent
- problem is Browser-independent
- problem is Environment/Web Server-independent
- problem occurs in several Liferay versions

Please fix: our pan-european community portal is basically broken because of this problem!

Kind regards
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Hi Horst,

I remember that multiple Asset publisher links issues were fixed in 6.2.3 GA4.

Please can you try to reproduce the issue in some of your test environments, and then upgrade to 6.2.3 and re-test?
Horst Pichler,修改在8 年前。

Thanks, I'll try and respond here.

Just in case it doesn't work: clicking on "Read the full article" does work with all "Asset Publisher - Display Settings" other than "News Page" and "News Ticker"; unfortunately these 2 are the ones I require.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Horst Pichler:
Thanks, I'll try and respond here.

Just in case it doesn't work: clicking on "Read the full article" does work with all "Asset Publisher - Display Settings" other than "News Page" and "News Ticker"; unfortunately these 2 are the ones I require.

Hi Horst, can you describe that? What are "News Page" and "News Ticket"? Are they ADT?
Horst Pichler,修改在8 年前。

Sorry, I found the problem - the two templates are not default display templates; they where added by one of our programmers/designers - unfortunately, the portletl-id in the referring URL was a HARDCODED string!

Many thanks for your quick responses, and sorry for wasting your time!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

Horst Pichler:
Sorry, I found the problem - the two templates are not default display templates; they where added by one of our programmers/designers - unfortunately, the portletl-id in the referring URL was a HARDCODED string!

Many thanks for your quick responses, and sorry for wasting your time!

Ok thanks for confirming Horst, usually the best way for fixing things is just having more eyes looking into it emoticon.
thumbnail
Jose Jimenez,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 176 加入日期: 12-8-23 最近的帖子
Hey,

Just for the record, this issue was finally solved by LPS-56061 and is not really a Java version problem.

There were some portlets with the same friendlyURLMapping that the Asset Publisher and this makes fail some friendlyURLs, so the solution is to change the friendly-url-mapping for the Most Viewed Assets and Highests Rated Assets portlets to most_viewed_assets and highest_rated_assets respectively

Best regards.

Jose
thumbnail
Rautureau Jérôme,修改在8 年前。

For persons witch have the same problems than me :

https://www.liferay.com/es/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/56130661

You have to change the friendly url mapper for portlets 193 and 194 in

<tomcat-home>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/liferay-portlet.xml</tomcat-home>

PS : problem exists in Liferay CE 6.2.3 GA4
Neil Boland,修改在8 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 15-10-30 最近的帖子
Hello, I'm extremely new to Liferay so please, be patient with me. emoticon
My company recently asked me to update Liferay CE 6.2.3 GA2 to GA4. That is when I encountered the problem you are talking about - the articles of the Asset Publisher are not longer visible.

When you say that I need to change the friendly url mapper for portlets 193 and 194 in the "liferay-portlet.xml" file, what do you mean? I found the 193 and 194 portlets but I don't know what to change them to?

Thanks.
thumbnail
Rautureau Jérôme,修改在8 年前。

Hello

you have to change the friendly url mapper shortcut witch has been to be unique accross all file.

193 for example change to most_viewed_assets
194 for example change to highest_rated_assets
Flaviano de Fusco,修改在8 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 15-12-8 最近的帖子
Thank you very much!
We had the same problem (can't open asset detail) on 6.2 CE GA3 and your suggestion solved it.
Definitely it is not a JVM issue, as we tested id on 1.8.0_72, 1.7.0_9, 1.7.0_79b15.
thumbnail
Brian Russell,修改在7 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 41 加入日期: 11-10-31 最近的帖子
Thank you all for getting to the bottom of this issue!

In order to apply the fix, did you update the liferay-portlet.xml file directly? Or did you use an ext plugin and update it in a liferay-portlet-ext.xml file?

I've actually attempted to do both, update it via an ext plugin as well as to update it directly in the tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/liferay-portlet.xml file, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.2 CE GA2 (Newton / Build 6201 / March 20, 2014)
java.version: 1.7.0_67
thumbnail
Tomasz Czerwonka,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 14-7-28 最近的帖子
Thanks very much for this replay. It really helps me!
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 141 加入日期: 10-2-26 最近的帖子
Klaus Bachmaier:

Someone sais not, but I think there are two different problems, because I solved using JRE7, too.