留言板

How do I create an Admin?

Nathan Russell,修改在14 年前。

How do I create an Admin?

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 09-12-14 最近的帖子
I hope this is not too much of a newbie question!
I have just downloaded and installed the liferay 5.2.3 + tomcat 5.5 bundle (liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.2.3.zip). I have installed (unzipped to my C: ) and I have run it up by runing startup.bat in the tomcat/bin directory. Tomcat and liferay have both started up OK, but I cant login as bruno@7cogs.com as much of the postings on the web suggest I should be able to. The only way I've been able to use the portal is to create a new account for myself. Whilst it has has done this OK and I can log in with it, it seems to be only a basic user account and I cant adminster the portal with it emoticon
Its almost as though the bundle I've downloaded does not contain the 7cogs sample data?

So, assuming the 7cogs data is not there, how can I create an admin account?

Cheers

Nathan

(ps. quite happy for anwers to be RTFM type answers - just need pointers to things to read! emoticon )
thumbnail
Matthew Ropp,修改在14 年前。

RE: How do I create an Admin?

Junior Member 帖子: 75 加入日期: 09-8-5 最近的帖子
Just login as bruno, go to the control panel and edit the new user you just created for yourself. Under roles page for that user, add a regular role of type "Administrator". Save your changes and you should be good to go.
Nathan Russell,修改在14 年前。

Matthew Ropp:
Just login as bruno

But I cant as I dont think I have the 7cogs sample data installed? If I try to log in as bruno@7cogs.com/bruno I get a message saying
"You have entered invalid data. Please try again. "
and
"Please enter a valid login."

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nathan
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh,修改在14 年前。

Expert 帖子: 463 加入日期: 09-3-23 最近的帖子
If you have a clean database somehow (without 7cogs), you should be able to log in with test@liferay.com / test.
Nathan Russell,修改在14 年前。

That worked emoticon Thank you very much
Cheers

Nathan