留言板

Liferay setup moving from dev to stage

thumbnail
Rutvij A Shah,修改在14 年前。

Liferay setup moving from dev to stage

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 09-11-17 最近的帖子
Hi

We are using Liferay for my enterprise portal. We have around 40 portlets across 15+ pages. We just freezed our development on Dev Server.

Now we need to move the same setup to QA Server and Stage server. Do Liferay has any 'smart' export way to export all setup of Dev Server to Staage/QA Server ??? which should includes ( Community,Pages with thier hierarchy,access rights,user permissions,password policies, Portlets with all settings and preferences).

Right know we are manually creating whole setup which we have on Dev. Which is quite error prone.

I also tried to import 'root' page (i.e home page) of portal to get everything as '.lar' file but on other server's Import its displays message to import pages from other communities only so not getting any 'smart' way to do so.

Can anyone share step by step guide to do so ,it will be great help to the team .

Thanks

Rutvij Shah
Thomas Kellerer,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay setup moving from dev to stage

Expert 帖子: 490 加入日期: 08-6-9 最近的帖子
If it should be an exact copy from the dev environment, you can simply use a database dump & restore
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay setup moving from dev to stage

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
You also need to get the data directory so that you get all your documents and stuff that's not stored in the database.