留言板

Hide liferay out of the box portlets

thumbnail
Vijay Gohil,修改在9 年前。

Hide liferay out of the box portlets

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 10-6-29 最近的帖子
Hi Team,

In one of our business requirement, we wanted to hide few liferay out of the box portlets.
As a solution, we found one screen in control panel called “Plugins Configuration” to active/inactive each and every liferay portlets.

But we don’t want to implement that approach due to some business limitation. From coding perspective, we have another way is to override “liferay-portlet.xml” file, but we can override this file only in ext plugin and as of now we don’t want to implement ext in our project.

So can we have any alternate way to overcome this requirement?
Any pointers will be useful

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Gohil
thumbnail
Vijay Gohil,修改在9 年前。

RE: Hide liferay out of the box portlets

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 10-6-29 最近的帖子
Found solution

I used hook to resolve this issue, I have override "\html\portlet\dockbar\view_category.jsp" file and did some changes to remove LR OOTB portlets
In this file LR iterated all portlet and display on UI

You can also suggest if you find any better solution compare to abvoe
thumbnail
Tonu Sri,修改在9 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 197 加入日期: 11-4-15 最近的帖子
Hi Vijay,

If you want to hide portlets, you can make changes in liferay-display.xml by placing specific portlets in catagory.hidden category.

But if you want to deactivate portlet, you have to modify liferay-portlet.xml by liferay-portlet-ext.xml.

Tonu
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Tonu Sri:
But if you want to deactivate portlet, you have to modify liferay-portlet.xml by liferay-portlet-ext.xml.

Deactivating portlets in this way is not a good idea unless you know what you're doing. The liferay portlets tend to be coupled together such that deactivating one will break another (i.e. search and asset view, for example).
thumbnail
Tonu Sri,修改在9 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 197 加入日期: 11-4-15 最近的帖子
Hi David,

I agree with you. forgot to mention this.

Tonu
jayakrishnan M R,修改在5 年前。

New Member 帖子: 15 加入日期: 18-1-8 最近的帖子

if you want to deactivate portlet ,add this property to (<include>false</include>) inside liferay-portlet.xml 

see the below attachment 

OR 

you can go for below method  but i am not sure if it has any side effects .

set inactive as false in portet table (no sure if there is any side effect)

Update portlet set active_=false where portletid='8'  (this will deactivate calendar portlet)