留言板

Liferay CMS to import complete web site

Rasheed Abdur Muhammad,修改在14 年前。

Liferay CMS to import complete web site

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 09-6-21 最近的帖子
Hi,

I have created a member area which contains a set of pages with
complete navigation. It is creating using ICEFaces JSF portlets.
Now following is my requirment.
- Integrate existing static sites in Liferay.
In this area we may have html/jsp/php or any oher format site with
complete navigation, content and images. We need to import the whole
site in liferay CMS and tweak a little to make it workable. These
pages content should be managable using FKEditor or TinyMCE by using
different user roles.

Currently what we found that we need to create separate pages
manually and define the navigation separately as well.

I really appriciate any help in this regard.

Regards
M. Abdur Rasheed
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay CMS to import complete web site

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
If you have a lot of existing pages built with the same pattern (basically: machine readable) you can write a script to decode the content and build the site. (the mechanics to leverage would be a different topic)

If it is not that much existing content you could get away with copying/pasting the content: It all depends on how your existing site is organized and how you want to organize the new one.

Think about: What's your goal? What should the resulting pages look like? Should there be separate navigation portlets in a separate column with the main content in another column? Is all the content found in the content column always "one" article? Can it be two? How do you separate?

You can even think about the opportunity to reorganize your pages - e.g. you might want to publish several pages through asset publisher instead of as static web content. Most likely this is to be done manually too.

Note that "a lot" means that it would definitely take longer to migrate manually than creating the scripts to decode your old site. This is most likely a function of the accessibility of your old site for the script and the number of different pages.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay CMS to import complete web site

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
We took the opportunity to break up a lot of large pages into smaller discrete portlets, even though they are all web content.