留言板

Terrible search function on Community pages

thumbnail
Peter B West,修改在14 年前。

Terrible search function on Community pages

Junior Member 帖子: 56 加入日期: 09-3-24 最近的帖子
I have basically given up on finding anything in the Forums/Blogs/Wiki by using LifeRay search functions. Instead I go to Google and type in my query, with on extra term: liferay.

Case in point: I wanted to find anything concerning the use of NetBeans Portal Pack to develop portlets and themes for LifeRay. After searching in vain for either "netbeans" or "portal pack" the top level search in Community, I tried the search
liferay "portal pack" netbeans
and immediately got the result I wanted. What's the problem with LifeRay search?

Peter
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

RE: Terrible search function on Community pages

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
We don't like it either. It does a few things that aren't acceptable - like showing users the title of documents that they cannot access due to insufficient rights. We integrated our google mini to replace the default Liferay search.
Michael James,修改在13 年前。

RE: Terrible search function on Community pages

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 10-7-12 最近的帖子
How did you get the Google Mini to crawl private pages (for internal-only searching)?

I take it you have to create a user for the Google Mini to use and authenticate itself to the portal to access the private pages. Is enabling basic authentication in the SecureFilter all that is needed for the Google Mini to authenticate itself and be able to crawl private pages?