留言板

Liferay Portal license problem

thumbnail
anthony tang,修改在14 年前。

Liferay Portal license problem

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 09-8-14 最近的帖子
I am evaluating the Java based portal in the internet. After reading the EE FAQ ( Liferay Portal EE FAQ ), I'm still confused about the commercial usage and the MIT licenses.

I have several programmers in my team. Can we enhance the "Liferay Portal Standard Edition" so that we can build a customized portal for my clients? Do we have to pay for the Liferay license?
thumbnail
anthony tang,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay Portal license problem

Anyone has deploy the "Liferay Portal Standard Edition" for the user in production environment?
thumbnail
Yongming Duan,修改在14 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 213 加入日期: 07-10-15 最近的帖子
Yes Anthony, a lot of people using LPS on prd server, but better to use LPE to get more support from liferay.
thumbnail
anthony tang,修改在14 年前。

Thanks, is Liferay the easiest open source Java based portal so far?

Do have I to familiarize with many frameworks (like Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Ajax, ICEfaces etc) in order to customize it?
thumbnail
Lari Tuominen,修改在14 年前。

Expert 帖子: 283 加入日期: 07-11-7 最近的帖子
Depends on how much you wan't to customize it.

Can you provide a bit more information on what you're trying to achieve?

- In, general Liferay provides a great deal of ready made portlets that can be customized without coding.
- Custom portlet development requires some knowledge of other technologies (but you can decide which ones you take)
- The same applies to custom theme development (some knowledge of CSS, HTML, Velocity and perhaps jQuery is needed)

- Lari
thumbnail
Wilson Man,修改在14 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 581 加入日期: 06-6-21 最近的帖子
regarding the different frameworks used in Liferay. I would say for development, you should at least understand the framework at a high level. Minimally, you should know (high level again) the following: Spring, Hibernate, Ajax, and Struts. If you're creating portlets via the plugins SDK, you probably can bypass Struts or Spring MVC if you create JSP portlets instead, (which I find very simple to do).

Since Liferay is open source, there are tons of sample code you can learn from and also model your code after. It's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the code structure and know where to look for them.

Also, read up on Service Builder both in the wiki and here in the forums. If you get the hang of that, it generally does all the Spring, Hibernate stuff for you in the backend.

I would also encourage you and your colleagues to attend a dev training to jump start things.
thumbnail
Younis Alomoush,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 40 加入日期: 09-6-4 最近的帖子
Arcko Duan:
Yes Anthony, a lot of people using LPS on prd server, but better to use LPE to get more support from liferay.

I am sorry to say that this is not true. can you tell me how they got production without solving the caching deadlock?!!!!