留言板

Liferay User Group in Melbourne, Australia

thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在14 年前。

Liferay User Group in Melbourne, Australia

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1228 加入日期: 08-4-14 最近的帖子
Having online forum is good but nothing beats a face-to-face interaction, especially when solid expertise is available locally.

For a number of years we had our spontaneous (but weekly) meetings. As interest in liferay implementations in Australia is growing rapidly, it is probably a good time to break this close loop.

So, if you are in Victoria, feel free to come and join us for a cup of coffee (or whatever you drink). It is absolutely informal, bring in your ideas and troubles, let's brainstorm them together.

Our coffee place is on Bay St., Brighton. If need to, we can start rotating meeting place around Melbourne and even regional and other capital cities.

To check meeting times, send an email to liferay[at]myoffice24x7[dot]com
When things get stabilised, I'll put online calendar.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung,修改在14 年前。

RE: Liferay User Group in Melbourne, Australia

Expert 帖子: 373 加入日期: 04-8-27 最近的帖子
Hi Victor,

Let us know if you can think of ways in which we can empower you to organize these user groups. We can add events to our events feed, for example.

But I'm thinking more than that we need a simple way to connect community members to each other by geography so that people can more easily come together. Any ideas?
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在14 年前。

Hi Bryan, thanks for the offer and support.
These ideas will definitely come as we move along. Forum does its job by growing portal's 'technical support and development' community. At the same time portal has outstanding capabilities which shall be uncovered for business users, rather than just for IT-related people like us.
So next step is going direct to business circles and building capability awareness right there. At this stage we pay our attention to:
- building relationships with business groups
- finding partners who have desire, expertise and access to certain verticals and horizontals, and helping them to make a commercially viable business model
- making range of blueprint cases which reflect liferay uses in various generic and/or highly specialized areas, e.g. service request processing for tradespeople, collaboration groups for construction / conveyancing / etc, RFID track'n'trace for assets and paper documents, procedural compliance management, such as for aged care/equipment maintenance/security. They are all based on previous and current projects/pilots, plenty is there but it takes at least 1-2 months full-time for technical setup for each case, and it is a painfully slow background process.
- adding wizard-based capability for an enrollment of additional service templates into liferay portal. Service template is an aggregation of communities/orgs/portlets/backend data that makes an independent full business module within the portal (something similar to SAP modules)
There are always better ways to organize cooperation, I'll get back to you if useful suggestion clicks in.
thumbnail
Zankar Shah,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 106 加入日期: 07-10-3 最近的帖子
Hi Victor
Hope you must be doing good.
I had a quick question about hosting Liferay site for around 200 users on Linux and MySql along with Apache.

The hosting provider should be in Australia.

Thanks,
Zankar
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在11 年前。

send private message, i'll give you my email address. or get to contact-us page on myoffice24x7 dot com, it will be passed to me.