留言板

Multiple portal instances and virtual hosting

Ben Starr,修改在16 年前。

Multiple portal instances and virtual hosting

Regular Member 帖子: 103 加入日期: 07-11-27 最近的帖子
I would like to host multiple portal instances on the same server and also configure virtual hosting for the guest community (e.g. move /web/guest/home to /home). I have managed to set this up fairly easily. However, it does not seem to be possible to use the same virtual host for the portal instance as for the guest community (error about non-unique virtual host). This means that I have to configure one virtual host for the instance and one for the guest community which is a bit annoying. Is there a particular reason for this that I am missing? Thanks.
thumbnail
Liviu Cismaru,修改在14 年前。

RE: Multiple portal instances and virtual hosting

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 08-9-10 最近的帖子
Ben,

I found the issue/feature below suggested by you on issues.liferay.com.
Did you or any of your contacts found any workaround ?
We find annoying the fact that the notifications on a secondary virtual server come with the signature / identities from the primary virt server, would like toask my developers to fix it, just wanted to check if theres anything that's already working.
Many thanks,
Liviu

Liviu Cismaru
Accentway Inc.
Geneva, Switzerland

>>
It would be useful to have a community virtual host parameter for use in the message boards email templates. At the moment there is only an instance virtual host parameter. In the case that the community has its own virtual host it would be useful to be able to substitute this virtual host into the email template instead of the instance virtual host. I imagine this would require a check to see which virtual host was used to add or update a message when sending out the email.
>>

Ben Starr:
I would like to host multiple portal instances on the same server and also configure virtual hosting for the guest community (e.g. move /web/guest/home to /home). I have managed to set this up fairly easily. However, it does not seem to be possible to use the same virtual host for the portal instance as for the guest community (error about non-unique virtual host). This means that I have to configure one virtual host for the instance and one for the guest community which is a bit annoying. Is there a particular reason for this that I am missing? Thanks.
Ben Starr,修改在14 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 103 加入日期: 07-11-27 最近的帖子
Hi Liviu,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any fix or workaround for this issue. The only solution I found was to hard-code the community virtual host into the email template rather than using a parameter.

Ben
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh,修改在14 年前。

Expert 帖子: 463 加入日期: 09-3-23 最近的帖子
Hi,

I thinks, this issue is a solution for this, but I'm trying to fix this in another forum thread too.