留言板

Creating a Dynamic Group based on an expression of user attributes

Karan Kaushal,修改在14 年前。

Creating a Dynamic Group based on an expression of user attributes

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 09-4-13 最近的帖子
Hi,
I am trying to work with users where rather than assigning each individual user to a role or a group, I can create a dynamic group based on an expression, and any user satisfying that expression will be a part of that role or group implicitly.
For eg a user can have certain account balance and if the balance increases beyond a certain value then the user should automatically be a member of a particular group.
The group will have an expression which is something like (if accountBalance > x).
There could be multiple conditions like this, with Or && in the expression.
I was looking at liferay features to explore this functionality, but couldn't find anything like this. There is a similar functionality in the Weblogic Portal called entitlements, which are expressions which can be assigned to groups. Is there a feature like that available in Liferay portal.
Thanks,
Karan

Hi,
I was able to modify the Liferay source and was able to get the Dynamic roles feature integrated in the Liferray framework.
I have described the approach in the attached file.
Thanks,
Karan
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

RE: Creating a Dynamic Group based on an expression of user attributes

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
That's really good stuff. We've had a similar discussion going on about auto-assigning users to groups permanently based on certain criteria in their attributes.
Ravikant kadbe,修改在14 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 09-6-15 最近的帖子
Hi Guys,

We did the same thing, and we are able to create dynamic roles for the user expression. So when user logged-in to the liferay, we are also assigning dynamically created role to user.
The issue is, I added Web Content portlet to my page, and given permission to the role i have already created. When user logged into the liferay, i have assigned roles dynamically to the user,but my web content portlet is not displaying anything.

I tried with assigning user to the roles manually using control panel, and in that case web content portlet is displayed perfectly.

I m suspecting Cache issue, but not sure .

Please provide Ur thoughts on this.

Ravikant
Manoj Prasad,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 13-3-20 最近的帖子
I am interested in this .... are you aware that this code is now available in Liferay 6.1.3 EE or any other version?
Is this pluggin available anywhere?
Please reply with more details ...
regards