留言板

CSS Capitalization of Titles in Classic and Control Panel theme

thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

CSS Capitalization of Titles in Classic and Control Panel theme

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1313 加入日期: 06-10-3 最近的帖子
Hi All
If you also dislike CSS Capitalization of Titles in Classic and Control Panel theme?!
Please vote this one up https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-40467

thumbnail
Brendan Johan Lee,修改在10 年前。

RE: CSS Capitalization of Titles in Classic and Control Panel theme

Junior Member 帖子: 38 加入日期: 12-2-29 最近的帖子
You've got my vote. This is a problem for Norwegian as well.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6396 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
You've got my vote - and a comment - in there as well. Full ACK that this is a no-go. If we had some way to determine the language through CSS (I couldn't find it) this could be done for distinct languages, but even that would be suboptimal. Rather have the translation entries be correct - as they shall display. If there are multiple uses for them, we'd need multiple keys for different uses.
thumbnail
Milan Jaroš,修改在10 年前。

Expert 帖子: 268 加入日期: 08-8-18 最近的帖子
I'm with you. ;) In Czech this also doesn't feel good.
Off-topic: Olaf, there is an elegant way... emoticon Put css class like "en_us" to html tag <body> or even <html> and then you can do magic! emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在10 年前。

Milan Jaroš:
Off-topic: Olaf, there is an elegant way... emoticon Put css class like "en_us" to html tag <body> or even <html> and then you can do magic! emoticon

Yes, but I don't consider language-dependent CSS elegant (ltr or rtl issues might be different, but still not language-dependent, only directional). Plus, I was checking if Liferay generates this class already (which it luckily doesn't). If I'd have to willingly code this into my theme, I could as well override the capitalizing CSS formatting to get rid of it.

So, yes, if you want this feature in CSS and language dependent, that's what you do. Just don't ask me for my blessing. Or I'll need an explain why it indeed is elegant emoticon

The good thing after all is that we're all agreeing. Please continue voting on the issue
thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

It allready exist guys ;) languageId (seems not used in any filter though)
languageId=en_US

<link href="/html/css/main.css?browserId=ie&amp;themeId=Componencetheme_WAR_Componencethemetheme&amp;minifierType=css&amp;languageId=en_US&amp;b=6120&amp;t=1341556890000" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

And well if you dislike language dependent CSS, maybe you dislike hard rendered browserid too ;)
Taken from 6.2 M6
languageId=de_DE
browserId=other/firefox/ie

<script src="http://localhost:8080/html/portlet/layouts_admin/js/main.js?browserId=other&amp;minifierType=js&amp;languageId=de_DE&amp;b=6200&amp;t=1379852642592" type="text/javascript"></script>

Remove those before anyone ever thinks of using it emoticon

Ever thought on how many Varnish caches you have to have for just one single page if you support all languages. (3 x many)
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在10 年前。

Ouch - you're right.

I actually like <html class="... firefox ...">, but it's probably overkill to have it in the javascript URL, polluting all the caches. Not sure if it's used serverside though - are there different minifiers based on browsers? I'm not aware of any other server-side processing of javascript than the minifier.

Based on this, if you let us know the issue, I will vote for that as well. But we're getting away from translation issues here emoticon
thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

Olaf Kock:
Ouch - you're right.

I actually like <html class="... firefox ...">, but it's probably overkill to have it in the javascript URL, polluting all the caches. Not sure if it's used serverside though - are there different minifiers based on browsers? I'm not aware of any other server-side processing of javascript than the minifier.

Based on this, if you let us know the issue, I will vote for that as well. But we're getting away from translation issues here emoticon

For your information
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-40526