留言板

How to create a Web Service on Liferay?

Arthur L,修改在15 年前。

How to create a Web Service on Liferay?

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 09-4-13 最近的帖子
Hello everyone,
Sorry, if this has been discussed before.
I am new to Liferay and I want to know, is it possible to build a web serivce on Liferay?
I don't care that much, how the web service will be implemented. It may be implemented via REST, SOAP or whatever..

Thank you in advance.
---
P.S. Forgot to mention that I'm using Liferay 5.2 on Tomcat 5.5.27
P.P.S. Could it be that the best solution would be installing Apache Axis2 on Tomcat?
thumbnail
Wilson Man,修改在15 年前。

RE: How to create a Web Service on Liferay?

Liferay Master 帖子: 581 加入日期: 06-6-21 最近的帖子
hey Arthur,

Building web services in liferay is rather easy ... here's the high level steps to get you started.

1. create the EXT environment. EXT (a.k.a. the extension environment is needed because currently, the plugins environment doesn't support web services.)
2. use Service Builder to create your services by defining your service entity model in service.xml
3. in your service.xml, make sure the entity element has an attribute remote-service="true". Once that's set, Service Builder will create the proper web service stubs for you and add definition to the remote-servlet.xml file for you.

You can look up those how to build EXT and how to use Service Builder in our wiki.

hope that helps.
Arthur L,修改在15 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 09-4-13 最近的帖子
Wilson, thank you for very much your help!emoticon
thumbnail
Rajeev K,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 214 加入日期: 09-6-19 最近的帖子
Hi Wilson,

Can you provide some URL where there is a detailed explanation of creating a web service using Liferay Service builder?

Thanks
Baji Shaik,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 10-5-14 最近的帖子
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Web+services+-+Manage+Users%2C+Organizations%2C+User+Groups%2C+and+Roles+via+SOAP

please go through the above link to create webservice and expose the same to outside world.