留言板

extension environment,

Asmae Samoua,修改在15 年前。

extension environment,

Junior Member 帖子: 35 加入日期: 09-3-24 最近的帖子
Hello everybody,

Once our extension environment is created, we have to copy into it the app.se'rver.<username>.properties and release.
<username>.properties from the liferay code source directory.
After copying them do we have to change any propetie or not ?

please !! any one have the answer of my question?
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta,修改在15 年前。

RE: extension environment,

Liferay Master 帖子: 535 加入日期: 08-5-16 最近的帖子
No such requirement.
Asmae Samoua,修改在15 年前。

Thank you for the answer,
but when i try to deploy the extension environment it doesn't work, the steps i followed are :
1-installing JDK
2- Apache ANT 1.7.0
3-MySQL Server
4-the subversion client (SubEclipse) because i'm using Eclipse as IDE
5-cheking out the liferay code source
6-create the configuration files app.server.<username>.properties and release.<username>.properties
7-create the extension environment

8- this step should be the installation of the application server => i did not know how to do this i already have the bundle liferay tomcat and i installed tomcat separetly to but i didn't get this step.

If you could have any explanation for me i would be very thankful.
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta,修改在15 年前。

To deploy your ext environment, you need to set following properties in app.server.<user.id>.properties

app.server.type=tomcat
app.server.parent.dir=<parent_dir_of_your_downloaded_tomacat>
Asmae Samoua,修改在15 年前。

Thank you so much for the reply it worked => Build successful.

But the peobleme is i could not find a directory ext/servers, the new tomcat directory was created in a bundels directory created in the same directory as ext .
Oliver Bayer,修改在14 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 894 加入日期: 09-2-18 最近的帖子
Hi,

if you get a "bundles" dir you didn't modify (maybe) the "app.server.parent.dir" property in the "app.server.<username>.properties". Insert the path to your server (don't use backslashes). You only need this one line (if you use the appropriate server version) to deploy your changes directly to the server (which you have to shutdown before).

Oli
kapil m mathur,修改在14 年前。

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 09-12-3 最近的帖子
Hi manish,
I am very new to liferay...I want to create EXT environment using Eclipse as i want to create my own portlet...I have gone thro' lots of documentation but I found they are outdated one(Liferay Version4.0).I want to set EXT environment using Liferay version 5.2.3...Please help me out..
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta,修改在14 年前。

I don't think you need to create EXT environment for writing a portlet.
EXT env is required when you want to extend Liferay core. Is this your requirement?
kapil m mathur,修改在14 年前。

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 09-12-3 最近的帖子
Manish Kumar Gupta:
I don't think you need to create EXT environment for writing a portlet.
EXT env is required when you want to extend Liferay core. Is this your requirement?

Hi Manish,
Thanks for reply...Actually my requirement is I want to develop my own portlet as there is portlet for community like that ...So For which environment I'll go SDK or EXT....Iff SDK then plz provide me some link for how to setup SDK environment Using Eclipse anf Liferay Veriosn 5.2.3.
And One more query regarding the feature Secure Single sign On mentioned in Liferay Portal...Is it means I get Access to all software resources like CMS porlet like that after login....
Actually I want to access remote machines using the same.......Can i develop using liferay portlet