留言板

Extending Liferay RSS Portlet

thumbnail
Greg Liam Martin,修改在15 年前。

Extending Liferay RSS Portlet

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 09-2-23 最近的帖子
I am very new to Liferay, and would like to extend/modify some of the functionality of the RSS News Portlet. Unfortunately, I cannot find the source anywhere in the portal. I also tried searching for it in the plugins, but only came up with the Sun Rss Portlet, which is not as nice as the Liferay portlet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Amos Fong,修改在15 年前。

RE: Extending Liferay RSS Portlet

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2047 加入日期: 08-10-7 最近的帖子
Hey Greg,

Welcome to Liferay!

If you've already downloaded the source code,

The JSPs are located here: portal\portal-web\docroot\html\portlet\rss

and the java files are here: portal\portal-impl\src\com\liferay\portlet\rss
thumbnail
Greg Liam Martin,修改在15 年前。

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 09-2-23 最近的帖子
I see, thank you very much for your help.
thumbnail
Andreas Müller,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 47 加入日期: 11-1-26 最近的帖子
Amos Fong:

Thanks. I also want to modify the RSS portlet and find this post very useful, because these sources are somehow cluttered around the portal source.
Now, my problem is to set up a tiny little portlet project using the Liferay Eclipse plugin and import these RSS portlet sources into it in the right structure. In the end, I want to build my own RSS portlet but not the whole portal!
Is there a standard way to extract the RSS portlet source and import it into a new Eclipse portlet project? I find it very tedious to do it by hand and get all the dependencies resolved afterwards. And, of course, without providing all the libraries at runtime again because they already must be somewhere in the liferay installation.
thumbnail
Andreas Müller,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 47 加入日期: 11-1-26 最近的帖子
I have meanwhile figured out, how this works:
In order to modify a portlet coming as part of the Liferay portal you need not develop a new portlet based on the Liferay sources.
It is much easier to create a project-specific HOOK. There you can modify whichever portal JSP you want, e.g. also a JSP belonging to any built-in portlet:
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/hooks
This did my job with a minimal change in a single JSP.
ruchi sharma,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 95 加入日期: 11-3-24 最近的帖子
Amos Fong:
Hey Greg,

Welcome to Liferay!

If you've already downloaded the source code,

hello Amos
I am also new in Liferayand I want to customised the rss portlet, and done copied the jsp's and java files from the location you mentioned ..when i try to use that portlets is shows an error message " xyz portlet temporarily unavailable." i believe till some dependencies are there which are giving arising exceptions as i read the stack trace.

So far i created a portlet then deployed it creates a java project in ecllipse thn copied the respectiv jsp and java files in resp. package.

Is their sometihng else to be done please help.
Gerg..if you know anything related to this please let me know.

Tx
Ruchi
Jonny Olliff-Lee,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 48 加入日期: 11-1-25 最近的帖子
Hi Ruchi,

Which version of Liferay are you using Liferay 5 or Liferay 6?

If you're using Liferay 5, you can use the EXT environment to modify the the built-in RSS portlet. If you're using Liferay 6, then you're better off using a Hook as mentioned further up. Or in either version you could create a new RSS portlet in the Plugins-SDK!

Let us know what version you're using, and we can go from there!

- Jonny (http://twitter.com/DevJonny)