留言板

how to use dynamicQueryCount

thumbnail
Alain Dresse,修改在11 年前。

how to use dynamicQueryCount

Junior Member 帖子: 95 加入日期: 11-7-18 最近的帖子
Hi,

I am using dynamic queries for a search container, and have an issue extracting both the count and the results from the same dynamic query.

I do the following:

Create the dynamic query, and set the conditions

DynamicQuery dynamicQuery = MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQuery();
	Criterion criterion = RestrictionsFactoryUtil.in("categoryId", categoryIds);
	dynamicQuery.add(criterion);

If I then do

total="<%= MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQueryCount(dynamicQuery) %>"
	results="<%= MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQuery(
		dynamicQuery, searchContainer.getStart(), searchContainer.getEnd()) %>"

I get an error on the second line, becaus Long cannot be converted to MBThread.

The only workaround I have found is to create two dynamicQueries, one for the count and one for the entries. Is there a way to reuse the same dynamic query for both ? Wouldn't it make sense to have dynamicQueryCount not modify the dynamicQuery it receives (cloning it before setting the projection ? don't know if this is possible...)

Best regards,
Alain
thumbnail
Punam Shah,修改在10 年前。

RE: how to use dynamicQueryCount

Regular Member 帖子: 117 加入日期: 12-1-20 最近的帖子
Please try this :

total="<%= (int)MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQueryCount(dynamicQuery) %>"
results="<%= MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQuery(
    dynamicQuery, searchContainer.getStart(), searchContainer.getEnd()) %>"

Hope, this will help you, instead of creating two queries.
thumbnail
Alain Dresse,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 95 加入日期: 11-7-18 最近的帖子
Thanks for the answer,

Unfortunately, I have reviewed my code since, moving the queries to custom sql, so it is no longer that easy to test the changes you suggest...

Best regards,
Alain
Tamas Toth,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 13-7-23 最近的帖子
Hi,

I know it is an old thread, but I am facing similar problems, so it may worth to add here.

I tried to create a DynamicQuery based search container, using the following code. (LoginLog is a custom entity which I use to collect some user statistics, and I want to filter the records for a time range, ordered by the timestamp.)

Criterion filter = RestrictionsFactoryUtil.between("timestamp", dateFrom, dateTo);
DynamicQuery query = DynamicQueryFactoryUtil.forClass(LoginLog.class).add(filter);
query.addOrder(OrderFactoryUtil.asc("timestamp"));

logs = LoginLogLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQuery(query, searchContainer.getStart(), searchContainer.getEnd());
total = (int)LoginLogLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQueryCount(query2);

I had two issues:
1. Without the ordering, the first page was working fine, but if I navigated to other pages, the total became 0 (so dynamicQueryCount returned this value).
2. After adding the order clause, I got an exception saying "invalid ORDER BY expression". I figured out that it was thrown by the dynamicQueryCount method.

When I created a second query with the filter but without the order, and called dynamicQueryCount on this secind one, it returned the correct result, so my search container is working fine. But I don't think it is the most effective way of solving it.
thumbnail
G R Rajesh Babu,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 161 加入日期: 10-2-8 最近的帖子
Hi Alain,

Please let us know whether the total="<%= (int)MBThreadLocalServiceUtil.dynamicQueryCount(dynamicQuery) %>" is working fine or not.