留言板

Moving files from one community to another

Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Moving files from one community to another

Regular Member 帖子: 149 加入日期: 12-8-1 最近的帖子
Dear buddies,

I need to move many many files from many communities to a new communities.

Is there a way to do this in Liferay itself or if I choose to do it using MySql, can know the tables that I need to be aware of to make the changes.

Thanks - Alagu
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

RE: Moving files from one community to another (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Do you mean files in Documents and Media folder? Don't recommend modifying database data directly.
You can try using webdav to transfer files in and out of liferay.
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

RE: Moving files from one community to another

Hi Hitoshi Ozawa,

I need to do this to tons of communities, at least around 300 communities.

I need to move the files from the community A to community B. A is a subject offered in a semester and those files should be moved to the same subject's community for the next semester.

Please throw some light
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Should have just put them in the global scope and just assigned privileges using roles.
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 145 加入日期: 11-1-31 最近的帖子
Yes, best approach in my point of view also is to export/move them to global scope, and access from there in all communities keeping proper roles and permissions as required
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Dear buddies,

The issue is, each community is assigned to a subject tied to a semester.

Now, as new semester is coming, the management and users wants the files to be moved to the new community which is created for the new subjects.

I create the communities using a script in Oracle which creates the details in MySQL. That populates the new communities. But, I am not sure how to use the groupid of the old and new communities to move the files from one community to another.

So, I can't bring their files to a global scope since it belongs to different lecturers, departments and faculties.

Thanks - Alagu
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 145 加入日期: 11-1-31 最近的帖子
Alagammai Kasi:

I create the communities using a script in Oracle which creates the details in MySQL. That populates the new communities. But, I am not sure how to use the groupid of the old and new communities to move the files from one community to another.

Do you mean that you are creating community with direct sql procedure/function?
If so, this is really not recommended and actually violating liferay standards.
Instead you should create community from your code and when you will create it using code, you will get groupId of newly created community which you can use for managing your document and media files.

Point is that on which action you want to create your community? If its plain, then you may create a control panel portlet for admin when you place a button to add a new community and then this portlet is taking acre of all your process needs.

And is it just about moving the files? Or making copy of files into other community?
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Dear Gaurav,

Its about moving the files to some other communities.

Its like I have about 10 new communities and 10 old communities. All the files from the old community like Jan2012 has to be moved to community Jan2013.

There are hundreds of such communities and many many files in each community. Moving them manually is a tedious task.

Anyway to work this out?

Please advice.

Thanks - Alagu
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Can someone throw some light on this issue?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Guess the best approach (like someone said before) should be having all documents in global scope.

You said these documents are owned by different departments etc. No problem, you can put documents in folders depending on who the owner is (for example, Department XX folder for some documents and set update permissions there).

After that, instead of moving all files, you could simply change view permissions for documents depending in semester and communities. You could write a script to execute directly in Liferay (read this article: http://www.liferay.com/web/jeffrey.handa/blog/-/blogs/6424100 ).

This should be much easier and faster that moving huge amounts of documents.

And it isn't a good practice to make database scripts. Much better write Liferay scripts to execute, or invoke Liferay web services so cache is correctly updated in each case.
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

How can I change the scope? Steps please?

Thanks - Alagu
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

I just tried changing the scope to Global and doesn't find it suitable for my need. Because the lecturers/administrators are not able to change the scope to global themself

Any suggestion?
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Lets say, I have 10 communities for this semester and I need to create 10 more communities,
should the owners of the community be changing their scope, they don't have access to the config button?
thumbnail
Riccardo Ferrari,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 139 加入日期: 10-11-13 最近的帖子
Hi,

I think you should consider develop you own portlet (or set of portlets) to meet your requirements. Consider that manually editing the LR database is strongly disencouraged. To modify Liferay from an external software you should consider using the remote API exposed via JSON/WebServices.

Best,
Riccardo
Alagammai Kasi,修改在11 年前。

Thanks to everyone.

For now, without a choice I ask the lecturers to perform an export and import of the files. The management is not happy but I got to get my hands dirty quickly with the development part of the Liferay!

Thanks - Alagu