留言板

Database driver error

haziq anuar,修改在11 年前。

Database driver error

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 12-10-8 最近的帖子
Hello,

I'm having a configuration problem during my portal setup.
I'm trying to install Liferay EE 6.1 Version on my localhost.

On Basic Configuration section, I received an error that unable me to complete the installation.

ERROR : Database driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) is not present. Please install it on your application server.

Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Please advise emoticon
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal,修改在11 年前。

RE: Database driver error

Expert 帖子: 289 加入日期: 12-5-20 最近的帖子
haziq anuar:
Hello,

I'm having a configuration problem during my portal setup.
I'm trying to install Liferay EE 6.1 Version on my localhost.

On Basic Configuration section, I received an error that unable me to complete the installation.

ERROR : Database driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) is not present. Please install it on your application server.

Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Please advise emoticon

Hi , please check whether mysql.jar is there in your liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp1\tomcat-6.0.29\lib\ext.

If not present than find attached file and put it on liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp1\tomcat-6.0.29\lib\ext location

restart your server.

Best Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Hi , please check whether mysql.jar is there in your liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp1\tomcat-6.0.29\lib\ext.

If not present than find attached file and put it on liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp1\tomcat-6.0.29\lib\ext location

restart your server.

Best Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
Attachments: mysql.jar (524.0k)

Vishal,

Probably not too wise to attach other commercial open source project's jar file here. I think the GPL required a copy of GPL with distribution.
Instead of attaching a jar file, just create a link to mysql jdbc connector download page.
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal,修改在11 年前。

Expert 帖子: 289 加入日期: 12-5-20 最近的帖子
Hitoshi Ozawa:

restart your server.

Best Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
Attachments: mysql.jar (524.0k)

Vishal,

Probably not too wise to attach other commercial open source project's jar file here. I think the GPL required a copy of GPL with distribution.
Instead of attaching a jar file, just create a link to mysql jdbc connector download page.

Okies Hitoshi,

Now onward I will take care of it and thanks for giving right & safe approach for the same..!

Thanks,
Vishal R. Panchal
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Thank you. Oracle is keen of licensing. I don't want this forum shutting down because of licensing problem. :-)
thumbnail
Priyanka Dhingra,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 501 加入日期: 11-12-20 最近的帖子
you need to place mysql.jar
Since it is not available with the bundle 6.1 EE
please place manually,as is stated by Vishal under
liferay-portal-6.1.10\tomcat-7.0.25\lib\ext
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

I think this is because of mysql.jar license being GPL.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

I think this is because of mysql.jar license being GPL.

but i dont think mysql.jar really exists in a fresh lib of 6.1EE
it was not there when even I started working on it, so I placed
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

but i dont think mysql.jar really exists in a fresh lib of 6.1EE
it was not there when even I started working on it, so I placed

That's probably because liferay.com hasn't purchased a OEM license from Oracle to distribute it with EE, which is a commercial product with source code only available to users who purchased subscription.

Just download mysql connector from Oracle mysql page:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/
thumbnail

Thanks Hitoshi

First i thought its silly to comment like that

but thanks for explaining so well
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

You're welcome. To further explain about licensing, Liferay CE and EE are actually have different licensing. GPL supports dual licensing but this implies having a common set of source code. Unfortunately, not all of Liferay EE source code are available to the public so liferay isn't under a dual license.

MySQL is under GPL. Liferay CE's entire source code is also available to the public and mysql.jar also has a FOSS License Exception clause which allows Free Open Source projects to include mysql.jar in their free (as is beer) version of their software.That's why mysql.jar can be included in liferay CE version.
http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception/

However, liferay EE is a commercial product, so liferay.com would have to purchase OEM license from Oracle to include mysql.jar with their distribution. I think liferay.com decided not to purchase OEM license because not all user uses mysql and it would be unfair to add extra charges.
http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/oem/
DINESH M K,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 89 加入日期: 13-5-18 最近的帖子
Hi All,

I like to connect the Liferay 6.1 with oracle database.

I places portal-ext.properties file in "tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes " location

and added following lines in portal-ext.properties file
#
# Oracle
#
jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:curentdb
jdbc.default.username=rating
jdbc.default.password=rating

while starting the tomcat server, I got the following error

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionAdvice' defined in class path resource [META-INF/base-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'liferayTransactionManager' while setting bean property 'platformTransactionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liferayTransactionManager' defined in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'liferayDataSource' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.Be anCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liferayDataSource' defined in class path resource [META-INF/infrastructure-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'liferayDataSourceWrapper' while setting bean property 'targetDataSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liferayDataSourceWrapper' defined in class path resource [META-INF/infrastructure-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'liferayDataSourceImpl' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liferayDataSourceImpl' defined in class path resource [META-INF/infr
astructure-spring.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Please can some one explay this.

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh
DINESH M K,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 89 加入日期: 13-5-18 最近的帖子
Hi Guys,

The above error has been cleared by adding ojdbc.jar to "tomcat-7.0.27\lib\ext" location.

Cheers,
Dinesh