留言板

Update on Social Office

Nick Willey,修改在11 年前。

Update on Social Office

Junior Member 帖子: 53 加入日期: 10-8-24 最近的帖子
Could Liferay please provide the community with an update on the status of the Social Office project? With over 14,000 views of the 'Social Office 2.0 And Liferay 6.1 Release?' thread there is obvious interest in Social Office. It has been over three years since the 1.5b version was released. I feel it would be unfortunate if this lack of progress and information sharing with the community forced existing and potential customers to abandon Social Office as a solution.

Thank you.

Nick
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung,修改在11 年前。

RE: Update on Social Office

Expert 帖子: 373 加入日期: 04-8-27 最近的帖子
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your message and for your participation in the Liferay / Social Office community until now.

Vicki has been updating the various threads with our release dates from what I understand. In any case, to answer your question we have been furiously working on the release for the past several weeks. We've just run into a lot of inter-dependencies with 3-4 products and updates we are releasing at the same time. That's something for us to improve on in our engineering process and we've already implemented a more modular, iterative development process for 6.2 that should vastly improve our ability to release on time.

The current projected release date according to JIRA (anyone can view progress here: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SOS#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel) is July 27th. You can check back at that page to see if any updates are made.

Meanwhile, we do have an alpha build that we've given to others in the community if you would like to check things out. We've since fixed a number of issues, however, so you might be best off waiting for the release.

I'll leave Vicki Tsang to add any details to my comments here. Thanks Nick!
Nick Willey,修改在11 年前。

RE: Update on Social Office

Junior Member 帖子: 53 加入日期: 10-8-24 最近的帖子
Hi Bryan,

As always, I appreciate your prompt reply. I'm glad to see that a release date has been posted and am eager to see what SO 2.0 brings to the table.

Thanks,

Nick