留言板

Problem when deploy ext plugin with liferay 6.1 on jboss

thumbnail
Hiepnq Nguyen,修改在11 年前。

Problem when deploy ext plugin with liferay 6.1 on jboss

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 10-8-23 最近的帖子
I downloaded and unpacked liferay-jboss-bundled from liferay.com. Jboss is version 7.0.2

I develop a extension plugin to change configuration it. I add two file portal-ext.properties and system-ext.properties in docroot/WEB-INF/ext-impl/src ... Its name is Setting-ext

I deployed this ext plugin, restart jboss AS ... there is no error, Setting-ext.deployed file was created in deployment folder. But when I check directory $LIFERAY_HOME/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/standalone/deployments/ROOT.war/WEB-INF/classes, those files (portal-ext.properties & system-ext.properties) are not appeared and have not any setting in ext-plugin is applied ...

I try deploying it on Tomcat (with tomcat bundles - version 7.0.23), then those 2 files are appeared and applied ..

What is bug?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: Problem when deploy ext plugin with liferay 6.1 on jboss

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14913 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
You cannot deploy portal-ext.properties and/or system-ext.properties via a hook, an EXT plugin, etc.

Just drop them in the location indicated in the installation doco and it will work.

It is not a bug of any kind, I'm sure you haven't been reading about deploying these files in this manner from any Liferay documentation...
thumbnail
Hiepnq Nguyen,修改在11 年前。

Thank David H Nebinger!

But when I deploy it on Tomcat, 2 files portal-ext.properties and system-ext.properties are added in the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes ...
And when I created an EXT via SDK ( ./create.sh ), It was generating a default portal-ext.properties file in the docroot/WEB-INF/ext-impl/src directory ... so I think they can be deployed via an EXT ... U can refer from page 58 - "liferay-developer-guide-6.0.pdf" - Creating an Ext plugin - or this link...

Plz tell me why it is not available on Jboss 7.x? (I tried it on jboss 7.0.2 and 7.1.1 - and received a same result)...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14913 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The portal-ext.properties file mentioned there has the same restrictions as a hook, as only certain properties can be overriden in this way, and system-ext.properties certainly is not supported.

The only way to deploy the actual portal-ext.properties and system-ext.properties is to drop them into the ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory.

Period.
thumbnail
Hiepnq Nguyen,修改在11 年前。

Thank you!

In file portal-ext.properties ... I want to replace default company logo by my logo ...
Fisrt of all, I create an EXT plugin project is named "Setting-ext", I put myLogo.png file into an another directory (resource/images) of this project ...
And I override image.default.company.logo=resources/images/myLogo.png in file portal-ext.properties, after that I drop it to ROOT/WEB-INF/classes ...
Finally, I deploy EXT project (Setting-ext) ...

I receive 2 result:
- On Tomcat: It is working well and I replaced default company logo by my logo successfully ...
- On Jboss 7.x, It seems not working and I have not received any logo (default Liferay logo is not appeared, too)

Why is it? How should I deploy it?
Fanzhen Meng,修改在11 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 12-3-16 最近的帖子
I have the same problem with Liferay 6.1.1 and Jboss 7.1.1

And get headache for a couple of days!!! Our customers are waiting to use the project !!!

So if anyone here know how to resolve it ,please tell me !!!

Thanks in advance!!!
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1449 加入日期: 07-10-10 最近的帖子
I'm facing the same issue with Java 1.7, with Java 1.6 it works like a charm. Has someone found the root cause of the problem?