留言板

RE: Error editing web content

Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

Error editing web content

Junior Member 帖子: 69 加入日期: 12-4-26 最近的帖子
I'm running liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1 on Win (64 bit) 2008 Server R2

When trying to edit the Welcome page I get an error as soon as I try to save a draft of the edited content.

I looked into a previous bug (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12723) but the contents of the files they are refrerring to (ie: ckeditor.jsp) are different in my install. So i don't really understand how to correctly apply the fixes in this bug report and would really appreciate any advice on how to do that.

In case this bug is not the problem, is anybody aware of any problems in this version when it comes to editing default web content?

THANK YOU!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Please attach your console log so we'll know what error you have.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

The issue you've shown should be fixed. I'm currently running Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 on Windows 7 64 bit without any error.

Are you using Oracle JDK 1.6? JDK 1.7 is known to cause error and OpenJDK sometimes do to.

Also, is your web content in English with only alphabet characters?
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

My DB is mySQL and I'm using JDK 1.6 I think. I'm double checking that now in the settings.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

From the 'System Properties' I see the following entries:

java.runtime.name

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

java.runtime.version

1.6.0_20-b02

java.specification.name

Java Platform API Specification
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Java version can be found just by opening a command console and enter "java -version"

There was a similar error when an user was entering non-alphabet character in the title.

Try just entering the following and publishing to see it works.
title: test
content: test content
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

I confirmed the java version in the command console is the same as in Liferay (1.6). I also tried your suggestion (title: content / test content). I was NOT able to save that as a draft - gave the usual error. Should i try to reinstall Liferay?

BY THE WAY - Now I accidentally CLOSED the content pages after signing in so the portal appears blank. Can you please tell me how to restore the views of the seections in the Welcome page?

Thanks a lot for your help!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Just to be sure, are you using liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.0-ce-ga1-20120106155615760.zip?

There's no "close" button. Do you mean "delete"?
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

Yes that's the exact version I"m using.

When you first login as admin there's WEB DISPLAY icons over the sections on the Welcome page. You can select OPTIONS or there's an X which closes the section and I pushed that X so it closed left hand column
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Sorry to say thist, but that "X" is a delete button, not a close button. Now that you've mentioned it, it may be confusing to some people because it's used as close of many OS's.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

I attached a screenshot of what I mean. There's a WEB DISPLAY icon in which you can either select OPTIONS or click the X which closes that particuar section. Since I pressed X the icon no longer shows the CLOSE option just the standard OPTONS and now the page appears blank so I'd like to know how to restore the oriignal web contents. Thanks!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Getting back to the original question, please try reinstalling. I recommend using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to extract file from zip. Windows zip sometimes do not extract all files when file name is long.

There's somebody else using the JBoss bundle instead of Tomcat bundle so it should work.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/7843068
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi,

Great advice. Thanks again. Are there any specific steps I should take to 'uninstall'? Do the mySQL Liferay tables/ schema have to be deleted or can I just go ahead and point the new installation to the same mySQL database URL that I'm currently using?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

If you haven't too much work, it may be better to drop and recreate the database table.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

I reinstalled into a brand new DB schema, but still having the same problem. If I try to edit and replace default Welcome text with just the words Title (for title) and Content (in the content area), the request completes sucessfully. I then go to WORKFLAW TASKS to ASSIGN to myself (admin) and APPROVE the edit. When I try to view the page aafter is approved, it is totally BLANK!

Just to make sure I'm going through the right steps to edit the webcontent. I perform the following:

1) Sign in as admin
2) Go to Control Panel
3) Select WEB CONTENT
4) Edit the content
5) Select SUBMIT FOR PUBLICATION
6) Go to Workflow tasks
7) Assign the documeny
8) Approve the document
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Are you trying to sample web content? Instead of trying to edit that, delete it and create a new one "Add -> Web Content display".

That said, unless you're just testing this out, recommend you delete the sample 7cogs portlets because they really do cause problems in development and production environment. They should just be used for demos to see what features liferay has.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

I'm trying to edit the sample content. I'll add a new page and see if I can edit it. I'll also delete 7cogs and let you know. THANK YOU!
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

OK deleting the Welcome page makes the app totally unavailable and there's a null pointer exception when calling localhost:8080.

Do I reinstall the app again? How do I get the view back?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Sorry if my explanation was insufficient. I meant demo portlets, not the page. Undeploy the 7cogs demo portlets. Don't delete the page.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

That's fine. I dropped the schema, re-created it, reinstalled again and IT WORKS!!!

I can now edit web content. I'm not at all sure why it would work on the third reinstallation and the third time looks like it missed installing the default CGOS sites. I can't understand what went right third time round. Maybe you have an idea?THANKS!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Nice to hear the you got it working! emoticon
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

OK I thought I did but I didn't. I managed to edit the Welcome page. Now it's gone totally blank. If edit again and subit for publication it stays blank! It's behaving very weird! Seems like it's very unstabe as a corporate portal. I can see the entire contents of the Welcome page if I try to edit this from the web content section, but when I try to publish it it stays blank

Any advice as to why it suddenly goes blank after a few days>
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

It may be the web browser and version you're using. I'm switching between Chrome and IE 8 depending on which version of liferay I'm using. One of them sometimes give blank page when opening up an editor.
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

OK after it went blank I opted to add WEB CONTENT -> CONFIGURATION -> WELCOME PAGE

and my edited display is back up :-)

Guess it takes getting used to?
Jaafar Altaie,修改在11 年前。

Well, looking around Google and this forum it seems like editing web content is a limitation of Liferay, I really want to push Liferay as our company portal but not when it has such basic limitations.

The only fix I've seen is http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12723 but this talks about an earlier version I think since the files described are totally different from the files in my bundle. So any way to apply this fix to my version?