留言板

Custom Field Page missing Pages, Web Content, Users etc. from the list.

Jack Daniels,修改在12 年前。

Custom Field Page missing Pages, Web Content, Users etc. from the list.

New Member 帖子: 19 加入日期: 10-5-17 最近的帖子
For whatever reason, Custom Fields page appears to only be showing a handful of resources in the list. It is ignoring some commonly used resources like Pages, Web Content and Users. See attached screenshot.

Not sure of why this the case and how to resolve it. The strange thing about all of this is that, when I edit a page for example I can see my custom field being made available for me to edit. Any ideas why this would be the case.

I'm using 6.0 SP2 EE running on Tomcat.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

RE: Custom Field Page missing Pages, Web Content, Users etc. from the list.

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
It's hard to say w/o knowing your environment...

They might have been disabled via a hook of some kind. You might not have appropriate roles to view the other types.

Since you're using EE, however, that means you can open a ticket in LESA to get help directly from them...
Jack Daniels,修改在12 年前。

Thanks for your response David.

I'm certain that it's something peculiar with the server environment that I'm in. I say this because, things appear to work in my local environment as well as an identical environment (also a Linux Ubuntu server). I'm certain that I didn't do anything in particular to disable it.

We'll hopefully be opening a support ticket shortly was just trying to reach out to the community before opening the ticket.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Not sure of why this the case and how to resolve it. The strange thing about all of this is that, when I edit a page for example I can see my custom field being made available for me to edit. Any ideas why this would be the case.

How have you added custom fields in a page if "page" is not appearing in the Custom Fields list?

Was it appearing before and you've added custom fields and then you've changed something and it's not now appearing?
In that case, custom fields are available because definitions is already in the database.

I'm not sure if this will help by try re-indexing:
Server Adminstration -> "Reindex all search indexes"

Also, check if there is no error in the console screen.
Jack Daniels,修改在12 年前。

Hitoshi Ozawa:

How have you added custom fields in a page if "page" is not appearing in the Custom Fields list?

Was it appearing before and you've added custom fields and then you've changed something and it's not now appearing?
In that case, custom fields are available because definitions is already in the database.

I'm not sure if this will help by try re-indexing:
Server Adminstration -> "Reindex all search indexes"

Also, check if there is no error in the console screen.

Hi Hitoshi,

I actually have a StartupAction class in a hook used to automatically add all the expando fields that we need to the desired resources (Layout, JournalArticle, DLFileEntry). This ensures that we can standup a new instance with these fields without having to manually enter/configure expando fields...eliminating user errors. As a part of my Startup Action, I ensure that the right roles/permissions (actions) are assigned to the expando fields. At any rate, the portal administrator can't even see these custom fields on this page so I doubt it's a permission issue.

As for whether this issue was occurring before executing the Startup Action, I can't say with certainty. Since I actually don't bother using the UI for managing custom fields. It happens to be something that I just recently noticed.

There're certainly no error messages being generated in the console. And as you guessed re-indexing doesn't help (just tried).

At any rate, thanks for you response.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Jack Daniels:
I actually have a StartupAction class in a hook used to automatically add all the expando fields that we need to the desired resources (Layout, JournalArticle, DLFileEntry). This ensures that we can standup a new instance with these fields without having to manually enter/configure expando fields...eliminating user errors. As a part of my Startup Action, I ensure that the right roles/permissions (actions) are assigned to the expando fields. At any rate, the portal administrator can't even see these custom fields on this page so I doubt it's a permission issue.

After reading this, it sounds more like you've incorrectly added the expando fields and that now Liferay cannot render the custom fields page correctly. Administrators should always be able to see the custom fields (they are, after all, administrators) so I'm guessing that it is not a permissions problem as much as it is a database corruption issue.

How did you add the expando columns?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Jack,
As David said, it's kind of difficult to say what went wrong with your modification without looking at your source code. All I can say is it's not Liferay that's the cause of the problem.
thumbnail
Angel Pérez,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 13-10-13 最近的帖子
Hi, Just now i have the same issue, i think that no changed any hook and rows have disappeared from table of custom fields from image gallery folder to the end.

emoticonemoticon It's very strange emoticonemoticon