留言板

Enabling Staging throws a nullpointer exception in liferay 6,1 CE

James Smith,修改在12 年前。

Enabling Staging throws a nullpointer exception in liferay 6,1 CE

Junior Member 帖子: 29 加入日期: 12-2-11 最近的帖子
Hi,
I am a newbie and have been trying liferay 6.1 CE. I tried to enable Staging 's "Local Live" and keep getting the exception below. Can somebody please help ?

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: null : null ---- Debugging information ---- cause-exception : java.lang.NullPointerException cause-message : null class : com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutImpl required-type : org.apache.commons.lang.time.FastDateFormat path : /com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutImpl/_layoutType/_dateFormat line number : 91 -------------------------------

Thanks

James
James Smith,修改在12 年前。

RE: Enabling Staging throws a nullpointer exception in liferay 6,1 CE

Junior Member 帖子: 29 加入日期: 12-2-11 最近的帖子
James Smith:
Hi,
I am a newbie and have been trying liferay 6.1 CE. I tried to enable Staging 's "Local Live" and keep getting the exception below. Can somebody please help ?

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: null : null ---- Debugging information ---- cause-exception : java.lang.NullPointerException cause-message : null class : com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutImpl required-type : org.apache.commons.lang.time.FastDateFormat path : /com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutImpl/_layoutType/_dateFormat line number : 91 -------------------------------

Thanks

James

Anybody? Please help...I am stuck..
Tomek Lipski,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 32 加入日期: 10-11-17 最近的帖子
James Smith:
James Smith:
Hi,

Thanks

James

Anybody? Please help...I am stuck..

Hi,

The staging enablement can fail due to many reasons related to data that is being transferred to the staging environment. The best thing is to:
  • enable staging
  • add content

In that order.

The other way, much more complicated is to download Liferay sources, attach with a debugger, locate the asset that is causing the trouble and fix it manually in Liferay's DB.

From the stack trace it looks like something is wrong with a layout on some page, but that guess is as good as any other.

Best regards,

Tomek Lipski
thumbnail
Ali Shahrami,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 52 加入日期: 09-8-1 最近的帖子
I think this is related to LPS-24702

I'm having the same issue.

Ali