留言板

New Feature suggestion: Translation annotations

thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在12 年前。

New Feature suggestion: Translation annotations

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Hi all,

if you have the same problems like me - sometimes the original texts are ambiguous, sometimes I want to leave a comment for a later self or other translators. Up to now we had (Automatic Translation) and (Automatic Copy) to signal what should be translated because it was babelfished or just copied over from english. LPS-25358 should introduce a method to place comments in the resource file if it gets accepted. This way you can leave notes for a later self. Like (Automatic Translation), this will not be shown on the UI.

To see the currently suggested keywords, look at the unittest in this commit. Be aware that it's still in review - I'm abusing poor Julio as my automatic code formatting engine ;-)

Sample:
sync-folder=Ordner synchronisieren (Questionable Translation: Is this imperative 'synchronize the folder!' or a noun 'the synchronization folder')
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在12 年前。

RE: New Feature suggestion: Translation annotations

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Ok, I've been too much heads down in properties and text files lately that Julio had to remind me of the pootle workflow, so I'm taking it back - the two don't work well together. (Actually, this showed up when I translated Liferay Sync, which is not yet on pootle) (oh, and: I translated after the release, don't think it was me who is responsible for the first released german version - all the mistakes and glitches in the next will likely be mine ;-) )
Nevermind - the code will stay there, should it ever become useful or embeddable in the process, we can come back to it.