留言板

Cannot access Admin Portlet in 4.3

Richard Gregory,修改在16 年前。

Cannot access Admin Portlet in 4.3

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 07-2-5 最近的帖子
I've just upgraded to liferay 4.3, and I can no longer access the Admin Portlet. I get the message 'You do not have the roles required to access this portlet', even though I have the Administrator role. Strangely, I do have access to the all the other admin (Enterprise, Organisation, etc) portlets though. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Richard.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer,修改在16 年前。

RE: Cannot access Admin Portlet in 4.3

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2871 加入日期: 06-8-31 最近的帖子
Hi Richard,

Do you see any error in the logs? Is this a fresh database or a migrated db from an old version?
thumbnail
Andre Kreienbring,修改在16 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 152 加入日期: 06-12-18 最近的帖子
Same Issue.

I just upgraded from 4.2.2. No errors during the upgrade Process.

Anybody found a solution to this.

I changed the companyId in 4.2.2. But I configured the properties:

company.default.web.id -> my custom companyId
omniadmin.users -> my Omni Admin

before i started 4.3.6 for the first time.

Yes, my omni admin account has the Administrator Role, just as before the upgrade.

Funny enough: I can configure the Admin Portlet, added my Account to the users - Permission... no avail..

:-(
thumbnail
Artur Linhart,修改在16 年前。

Expert 帖子: 459 加入日期: 07-9-13 最近的帖子
Hello,

I found out, in the 4.3 the Admin portlet can be viewed and used from the first (default) instance of liferay... Maybe You try to access it on other than default instance?

Or can this be somewhere configured, how to make it accessible also in other instance than the default one?

with regards, Archie
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer,修改在16 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2871 加入日期: 06-8-31 最近的帖子
Hi Artur,

The admin portlet can only be accessed only from the default instance for security reasons. That way administrators can safely delegate the administration of any other instance. Those instance administrators should be able to do everything they need using the enterprise admin portlet.
thumbnail
Artur Linhart,修改在16 年前。

Expert 帖子: 459 加入日期: 07-9-13 最近的帖子
Hi Jorge,

thank You for the confirmation of my thoughts. I understand the security reasons, that there should be some "master" instance for all of them... It is good to know "it's not a bug, it's a feature" :-) - because I've seen more questions to this topic. I thought, there is maybe somewhere some setting which can turn the Admin portlet on in some other instances too... But I think, in the reality You do not need it if the Enterprise Admin Portlet has been extended so like it has been :-).

with regards, Archie
thumbnail

Hm... sorry for this dump question: What is "the default instance of the portal"? I'm with Liferay over one year and never configured an additional instance.

Was "configure more than one instance" one of the features of 4.2.2?

This is not the virtual host feature or is it?

I only changed the company ID.

Assuming I had only one instance before the upgrade, shouldn't this be the "default instance" after the upgrade? And if it is not, how do I turn my instance in the default instance?

AFAIK the omniadmin should have access to the admin portlet without regarding any "Instance-Stuff". Just because he's the omniadmin. emoticon

Äh.. by the way: how do I get access to the admin portlet now? emoticon

André
thumbnail

RESOLVED emoticon

Since all user Id's changed from String to long I forgot to change the setting of "omniadmin.users" to the new numeric ID.

Just one more thing: Now that I could use the Admin Portlet again, I saw the instances tab. According to that view I've got 3(!) Instances... emoticon

Anyway, what I didn't see was some kind of checkbox to mark one of the three as the "default". But examining the portal.properties I found this setting:
--------------------------------------------
#
# This sets the default web id. Omniadmin users must belong to the company
# with this web id.
#
company.default.web.id=binformed.de
--------------------------------------------

Voila!

André
thumbnail
Artur Linhart,修改在16 年前。