留言板

Finding an image on my Linux Server after uploading it via Liferay CKEditor

Nick Lindberg,修改在12 年前。

Finding an image on my Linux Server after uploading it via Liferay CKEditor

Junior Member 帖子: 28 加入日期: 12-1-5 最近的帖子
Hello,

So-- my apologies if this has been covered. I tried to search for this topic but was unable to find an answer. That said, here is my question: after uploading images to our Liferay site via the CK Editor on the web, how can I find the images on our Linux server that is running tomcat/Liferay?

The only thing that I was able to find was an entry for the image in

mysql/liferay_data.sql

but that's about it-- I couldn't glean anything from the massive data entry, though maybe I'm missing something. Despite all my recursive greps, I can't find the actual image despite my sincerest efforts-- and I'd like to think myself competent in Linux grep/find hackmastery.

Why do I want to find the image, you ask? So I can do a convert operation on it and make the background transparent.

Could I find the image I uploaded, do that to it, and then re-upload it? Certainly. But I can't believe that there is no way to do this to the image that's already uploaded. I'm from the old school days where you scp all your files over to the webserver and then boom-- they show up. But it's becoming more apparent to me that part of the downside of a good CMS is the inability to manipulate objects server-side.

Any help would be much appreciated! Love Liferay, btw.

Nick

PS: Is there an easier way for me to add javascript/html content to our site than to make a portlet on our page, going to "add/edit content", and then taking the html/js I wrote in another emacs window and pasting it into the "source" tab of the content editor? I'd like to hope this was not the most optimal-- but again, I've been unable to find the code on the server. I understand that doing things server side has the potential to screw up the revision history and all that good stuff, but in that case, is there a better source/richtext html/js editor than the default 6.0.5 CKEditor source?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

RE: Finding an image on my Linux Server after uploading it via Liferay CKEd

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14917 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Nick Lindberg:
after uploading images to our Liferay site via the CK Editor on the web, how can I find the images on our Linux server that is running tomcat/Liferay?

Images are uploaded into the image library, and the image library can be in the filesystem or in the database. Since you found the entry in your mysql stuff, my guess is that it is now in the database.

PS: Is there an easier way for me to add javascript/html content to our site than to make a portlet on our page, going to "add/edit content", and then taking the html/js I wrote in another emacs window and pasting it into the "source" tab of the content editor?

The easiest way is to create a theme. You can specify all of the CSS/javascript/etc. in the theme, even having portlet-specific theme values.

is there a better source/richtext html/js editor than the default 6.0.5 CKEditor source?

Liferay has support for FCKEdit, CKEdit, and I believe the TinyMCE editor. Support for FCKEditor has waned since CKEditor is it's successor.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在12 年前。

RE: Finding an image on my Linux Server after uploading it via Liferay CKEd

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
You can access document library using WebDav so you can see the information in a "readable" way.