留言板

RE: IDE build-lang translator not working

Roy Brondgeest,修改在12 年前。

IDE build-lang translator not working

Junior Member 帖子: 25 加入日期: 11-1-13 最近的帖子
Hello Everybody,
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I have the "early access edition" of liferay in action. In this book it says that liferay is capable of translating Language.properties files automagically using an online translator service. (see bottom of post)

Problem is that my language.properties file wont be translated correctly. I get the other language.properties files but theyre not translated as I would expect.

In "Language.properties" I have:
product-saved-succesfully=Product Saved Successfully
In "Language_nl.properties" I get:
product-saved-succesfully=Product Saved Successfully (Automatic Translation)

What has just happened? The Plugins SDK contains Ant targets which have the ability to use an online service
to translate all of the keys in your file to multiple languages. All we did by providing the Ant task we created was to
give those Ant targets the parameters they needed to do their work: namely, the folder where our
Language.properties file exists and the name of the file. Once we did that, we were able to use the service to
generate all of the language files you now see in that folder.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1744 加入日期: 08-11-6 最近的帖子
Hi Roy,

As its mentioned it only uses Babelfish to generate transalation. So for most of the languages it wont have proper translation. The idea behind using the tool is to generate all the language files with keys(which is more important), some language will have translation(for example may be spanish look for language_es) but you should not rely on that transalation. You should manually change the translation for the languages you want to be available.

Regards,
Sandeep
Roy Brondgeest,修改在12 年前。

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.
I checked all the language files and there doesn't seem to be anything translated.
Neither the spanish one.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1744 加入日期: 08-11-6 最近的帖子
Ok just check with an easy translation text like "help" or "hello" and make sure you are connected to internet while doing this and if Liferay is able to access the internet(means not behind proxy)

Regards,
Sandeep
Roy Brondgeest,修改在12 年前。

I tried that, nothing...

I am connected to the internet, do have a firewall but it does not block any outbound traffic.
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel,修改在12 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 208 加入日期: 09-11-18 最近的帖子
Check the console out put for messages from Babelfish.
you may find that you have exceeded the number of connections allowed in any one period.
If you are only supporting a few languages it is easier to cut and paste and rename files so you have a file for each language / variant with necessary keys.
MsAngel John,修改在12 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 11-10-5 最近的帖子
I use internet last 5 year and do have a firewall but still it does not block any outbound traffic.

Legal Translation
amran loudi,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 11-12-16 最近的帖子
MsAngel John:
I use internet last 5 year and do have a firewall but still it does not block any outbound traffic.

yes I agreed with you I am also using internet last 10years but there is no problem. I think you install new window. its good.

New Member 帖子: 6 加入日期: 11-3-1 最近的帖子
Another thing to check for anyone with a similar problem is that you haven't included comment lines.

When initially trying to use the build-lang target/service I had commented some of my properties for easier identification

i.e.
# Error message for X form

# View messages

This caused issues for me. The various translation files were generated but no translation was provided for any language.

Removing the comments, deleting the previously generated files and re-running the build-lang target resolved this issue for me.
thumbnail
Łukasz Pogorzelski,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 6 加入日期: 12-4-12 最近的帖子
In Liferay 6.0.5, 6.0.6 automatic translations doesn't work. It was fixed in version 6.1. See http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12415
thumbnail
Jaynil A Bagdai,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 119 加入日期: 12-3-3 最近的帖子
As per logs to above link it says that it has been resolved in 6.1

I am using Liferay 6.1 JBOSS bundle, Files for different languages are being generated but values for keys are not being translated.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Dominik domih,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 57 加入日期: 08-11-10 最近的帖子
It appears that the automatic translation tool is working but my desired languages are not translated. As Sandeep wrote the build-lang task uses babelfish, which is limited to a hand full of languages.
That's possibly the cause why e.g. hu, cz or pl are not translated..

edit: nl autotranslation (via babelfish) seems to work! This was generated after adding what-about-the-future to Language.properties :
what-about-the-future=Wat over de toekomst?