留言板

Wanna be a TAMIL (India) Translator

thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在12 年前。

Wanna be a TAMIL (India) Translator

Liferay Master 帖子: 722 加入日期: 07-12-19 最近的帖子
Hi,

I am volunteering as a TAMIL translator. TAMIL is the one of Indian Language which has spoken predominantly by Tamil people of the Indian subcontinent. Also TAMIL is also an official language of Srilanka and Singapore.

- GNANIYAR ZUBAIR
thumbnail
Tapan R Avasthi,修改在12 年前。

RE: Wanna be a TAMIL (India) Translator

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 10-4-15 最近的帖子
Hello i tried yesterday for hindi language how could we become a member of liferay translation team.
i already perform subscribe steps.
any suggestions
thumbnail

Tapan R Avasthi:
Hello i tried yesterday for hindi language how could we become a member of liferay translation team.
i already perform subscribe steps.
any suggestions

Hope already Hindi Translation is there in Liferay . Even I am not sure how to become a member of liferay translation team. just i have sent my request here.
. I think we need to use our liferay credential here: http://translate.liferay.com.

We can share our thoughts in this process.

- Gnaniyar Zubair
thumbnail
Julio Camarero,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1668 加入日期: 08-7-15 最近的帖子
Hi guys,

for contributing to an existing language, you just need to login in pootle using your screenname and password and you will be able to suggest translations. Language leaders will approve them as soon as possible.

in order to start a new language (which is not supporte by liferay yet) we would need an initial contribution to the language file.

You can start the translation from this file: Language.properties (username: guest / password: )

We don't need you to finish that file to make the first contribution, actually, I would recommend you that once we have 200 keys we can include the translation and keep working from there. Once we move that to Pootle you can go on with Pootle.

Thank you!
thumbnail

Thanks Julio.

I will start with language.properties as you mentioned. Once it's done, should i check-in into SVN directly?
thumbnail
Tapan R Avasthi,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 10-4-15 最近的帖子
Yes it is,i send message to daniel and they instruct me
thumbnail

Can you send that details to me?

Please mail to rasikow@gmail.com
thumbnail
Julio Camarero,修改在12 年前。

Hi Gnaniyar,

once you have your file ready, you just need to upload it to a new ticket in JIRA categorized as "Localization" and click on the "Contribute Solution" button. (Alternatively you can also send a pull-request through github to me instead of uploading the file)

Then, one of our engineers will introduce it in the product.

Thank you!
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在11 年前。

I have changed the property file for tamil language and need to join with pootle.

Pootle not accepting my credential. Please clarify.
thumbnail
Kowbathullah Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在6 年前。

Julio Camarero:
Hi Gnaniyar,

once you have your file ready, you just need to upload it to a new ticket in JIRA categorized as "Localization" and click on the "Contribute Solution" button. (Alternatively you can also send a pull-request through github to me instead of uploading the file)

Then, one of our engineers will introduce it in the product.

Thank you!

Hi Julio,

I know it's been a long time since i replied in this thread. But i have sent you the translation file for 6.2 version but no reply from you.

Now, I want to translate for TAMIL language for Liferay 7 version. Please confirm where i can get the updated Language Properties.

I will transfer for TAMIL language and update you within 2 weeks. Please let me know the procedure for Liferay 7.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero,修改在6 年前。

Hi Gnaniyar,

I must have missed your changes for 6.2, how did you send me the file?

The files for 7.0 can be found here in different Language.properties files spread through the different modules. The main file can be found here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/7.0.x/portal-impl/src/content/Language.properties. You can also use the online tool: https://translate.liferay.com/pootle/

Thanks!
thumbnail
Kowbathullah Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在6 年前。

I sent to your mail i guess. Ok now again i will do the changes and send you soon.