留言板

Liferay as website

Ian Harrigan,修改在12 年前。

Liferay as website

New Member 帖子: 19 加入日期: 11-11-22 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I realise this is a pretty basic question but i cant for the life of me either work out how to do it, or find it anywhere in the documentation.

Essentially i have a project that i need to use liferay for, but its fairly simple in the sense that just making my own version of the 7cogs stuff as simply understanding it would be enough for now i feel. I have removed the 7cogs data and end up with a pretty blank default liferay page once i login (ie, just a "You are logged in as Joe Bloggs" and the hello world portlet). The problem is that for my project i would like users to be able to login (with whatever user) then have a default page already set up with a few custom portlets, i also want to disallow editing, moving, etc these porlets, aswell as, of course, branding the whole container in a different way.

Im sure this must be more than possible, no? I have started to write my own upgrade hook process in an attempt to recreate the 7cogs hook, but im not even sure how my class is run, let along what i should be making it do in the "doUpgrade" function in order to create all the defaults i need.

If anyone could give me some pointers or, even better, fuller tutorials on how to essentially replace/rework the entire portal container so that it behaves very much like a normal website for logged in users (with no editing) i would be incredibly grateful as the documentation seems to be a little thin on the these type of procedures.

Thanks in advance,
Ian Harrigan
thumbnail
Joseph John,修改在12 年前。

RE: Liferay as website

Junior Member 帖子: 75 加入日期: 11-7-26 最近的帖子
Hi
Few weeks back I was also in the same boat(Note even exposed to j2ee and other web tech)
Then I had came to know about the books
Manning.Liferay.in.Action
Packtpub.Liferay.User.Interface.Development
Packtpub.Liferay.Portal.6.Enterprise.Intranets

I started reading it, spend some time struggling with eclipse IDE
now I am waiting to do one web site live on liferay

This sites
http://www.sesamestreet.org/
http://www.swisher.com
motivated me to believe I can also develop sites based on Lifeay
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

RE: Liferay as website

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
One pointer, should have deleted 7cogs before you started up Liferay for the first time to prevent default users and community/organization from being created.
I probably won't try to modify the 7cogs demo programs - way too complicated for your needs. You'll waste your time trying to understand what you won't need.