留言板

Extending the TeamLocalServiceImpl Class through a hook

Andy Harb,修改在12 年前。

Extending the TeamLocalServiceImpl Class through a hook

Junior Member 帖子: 66 加入日期: 09-10-22 最近的帖子
Hi I have read a few post about extending the Liferay classes and attempted but can't seem to get it to work.

My end goal is to add a function into the TeamLocalServiceImpl shown below:

public List<user> getUsers(long teamId) throws SystemException
	{
		if(teamId &lt;= 0)
			return null;

return teamPersistence.getUsers(teamId, QueryUtil.ALL_POS, QueryUtil.ALL_POS);
	}
</user>

Since there is currently no way to get a list of users from a team i wanted to add this into the service layer so I could call it from my portlet.

I created a hook and setup the liferay-hook.xml as follows:

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->

<hook>
  <service>
        <service-type>com.liferay.portal.service.impl.TeamLocalServiceImpl</service-type>
        <service-impl>com.liferay.portal.service.impl.NENTeamLocalServiceImpl</service-impl>
  </service>

</hook>

In my hooks WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/portal/service/impl folder i created a class called NENTeamLocalServiceImpl which extends com.liferay.portal.service.impl.TeamLocalServiceImpl

This is causing an error saying that it can't find the TeamLocalServiceImpl class

So a couple things:

1) am i trying to extend the right class?
2) If the hook does work then would i reference the new function through TeamLocalServiceUtil or by directly calling the new class?

Thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

RE: Extending the TeamLocalServiceImpl Class through a hook

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
I haven't read your message completely, but it seems you should be trying to create an ext plugin instead of a hook.
Andy Harb,修改在12 年前。

Thanks Hitoshi,

A bit more info i am on LR 6.0.12EE.

We have an ext plugin and i first attempted this there: I basically overwrote the TeamLocalServiceImpl.java class fully reran the service build compiled and deployed but anytime i tried referencing that function it said it didn't' exist.

Thanks
Andy
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Just read your initial message. Wondering why you want to change Liferay's core functionality to add a new function. It's better to create a new interface in your portlet because I don't think you really want to "change" Liferay's general functionality but just want to "add" a functionality for your portlet.
Andy Harb,修改在12 年前。

I agree that would be the optimal solution. However, the function that i need to call on exist in the com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.TeamUtil class which can't be called directly [getUsers(long pk) ]. Unfortunately there is no Util class that calls on this function.

Is there another way i can go about accessing this function without adding the call at the service layer?

Thanks
Andy
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Have you looked through this thread? Some one who have more time may be able to help you better. I'm currently working on a tight schedule on several projects myself. :-)

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/11508231
Andy Harb,修改在12 年前。

Thanks Hitoshi,

I tried but still had the same issue. It seems like i can overwrite existing functions without an issue but when trying to add a new function on the service layer it has issues fining the method.

So now im attempting to overwrite the functionality in the ext-plugin.

/my-ext/docroot/WEB-INF/ext-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/service/impl/TeamLocalServiceImpl.java

I copied this file from source and moved it in the same directory structure. I edited the updateTeam to output a got here statement to see if the class is being overwritten correctly. I also added the getUsers function as mentioned in previous post

public List<user> getUsers(long teamId) throws SystemException
	{
		if(teamId &lt;= 0)
			return null;

return teamPersistence.getUsers(teamId, QueryUtil.ALL_POS, QueryUtil.ALL_POS);
	}
</user>

Compile/Deploy my-ext plugin

Restart server

Now if i edit a team i get my output statement as expected. So i know my Impl is being used. However if i try to access the new method i added it throws an error:

An error occurred at line: 45 in the jsp file: /html/contactlist/display/view.jsp
The method getUsers(long) is undefined for the type TeamLocalServiceUtil
42: 			long teamId = selectedTeams.get(teamIndex).getTeamId();
43: 		
44: 	//		List<user> teamUsers = TeamLocalServiceUtil.getService().getUsers(teamId);
45: 				List<user> teamUsers = TeamLocalServiceUtil.getUsers(teamId);
</user></user>

This occurs if i use line 44 or 45. Am i just not referencing the correct class? Also Do i need to declare the method in some other class besides the TeamLocalServiceImpl.java?

Any points would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.