留言板

Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在12 年前。

Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
All,

Today marks the end of our Beta Release program - this Beta-4 is the final "feature complete" beta release and is ready for BugSquad! Follow the Liferay 6.1 BETA-4 BugSquad Instructions to get started. Note that the "What's New" lists a couple of new plugins (most notably the server-manager-web plugin!) that you can use, along with the bugs fixed and improvements made to the core code as a result of this team's excellent feedback and activity. Looking forward to the final release!
thumbnail
Deb Troxel,修改在12 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

Junior Member 帖子: 81 加入日期: 10-2-22 最近的帖子
Can someone verify the Jboss bundle liferay-portal-jboss-6.1.0-ce-b4-20111110.zip? It seems to be corrupted. The size is implausibly small and it won't open after downloading.

Thanks.
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在12 年前。

Deb Troxel:
Can someone verify the Jboss bundle liferay-portal-jboss-6.1.0-ce-b4-20111110.zip? It seems to be corrupted. The size is implausibly small and it won't open after downloading.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply (there was another thread on this topic) - the jboss and jetty and glassfish bundles should be fixed now. Yeah, there was a problem with the files we uploaded!
thumbnail
Andrius Kurtinaitis,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 62 加入日期: 10-1-25 最近的帖子
Is there a way to migrate an Oracle database from Liferay 6.1 beta3 to beta4?
I tried to run b4 on the b3 database with the hope that it will migrate automatically but it complained about non-existing columns.
Does someone have a script?
I have created some structures and data useful for testing so it would be nice if I do not have to recreate them again.
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在12 年前。

Andrius Kurtinaitis:
Is there a way to migrate an Oracle database from Liferay 6.1 beta3 to beta4?
I tried to run b4 on the b3 database with the hope that it will migrate automatically but it complained about non-existing columns.
Does someone have a script?
I have created some structures and data useful for testing so it would be nice if I do not have to recreate them again.

No script that I know of. Since Liferay does not support Beta-to-Beta upgrades, we don't issue scripts. You'd have to compare the schemas and add the missing tables. I would wager that this would not be too hard, though. follow this algoritm:

while startup_errors; do
read error from log file;
add missing column that it complains about;
if (column_must_be_deleted) then you_are_screwed;
done

if that doesnt fix things then it may be more complicated and not possible without looking at code diffs between B3 and B4.
Gus Heck,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 39 加入日期: 11-11-16 最近的帖子
I'm not actually on the bug squad, but I think I may have found a bug. Before I go trying to report it as such I'd like to check the documentation, but I don't see the docs for 6.1 anywhere on the site, so I cant' be sure it's not pilot error. Where can I find documentation (particularly for /server-manager-web...)
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在12 年前。

Gus Heck:
I'm not actually on the bug squad, but I think I may have found a bug. Before I go trying to report it as such I'd like to check the documentation, but I don't see the docs for 6.1 anywhere on the site, so I cant' be sure it's not pilot error. Where can I find documentation (particularly for /server-manager-web...)

Yeah, I saw your other thread on this topic. The server-manager-web plugin is brand new and not documented yet. Greg Amerson is your best bet emoticon He's usually pretty responsive on the IDE forums. As a last resort, you can file a bug at issues.liferay.com and see where it goes!
Gus Heck,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 39 加入日期: 11-11-16 最近的帖子
Thanks, and as you note I have posted the specific case there, but I wasn't really trying to cross post here. I was actually also interested in the general answer to where the Beta4 docs live in general. (if such exists yet).