留言板

Liferay mail domain and Sign In

Hiran Chaudhuri,修改在12 年前。

Liferay mail domain and Sign In

Regular Member 帖子: 188 加入日期: 10-9-1 最近的帖子
It seems to me that whatever I enter in Portal Instances/Mail Domain, this value will be displayed in the sign-in page as default email address.
It also seems that this value prevents web browsers from directly inserting the user's credentials straight away.

What can I do to get browsers to fill in the form automatically?
I tried to set an empty mail domain, but Liferay does not allow that...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

RE: Liferay mail domain and Sign In

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
It defaults to your mail domain to simplify the login process for your local users.

I use the "remember me" checkbox to save my credentials.

Otherwise what you're asking for is not really possible; the server doesn't know who you are (you haven't logged in yet), and the browser has no reason to start populating form fields just cuz you land on a form page...

David H Nebinger:
It defaults to your mail domain to simplify the login process for your local users.

I use the "remember me" checkbox to save my credentials.

Understood. However I do not use cookies, which would be required for that solution.
However I want to use the browser builtin functionality.

David H Nebinger:
Otherwise what you're asking for is not really possible; the server doesn't know who you are (you haven't logged in yet), and the browser has no reason to start populating form fields just cuz you land on a form page...

Then how does this work on zillions of other sites?
I delete my cookies regularly, still the browser (whom I allow to store credentials) populates the fields as soon as the form/page is fully loaded.

edit: have a look at http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Form%20autocomplete and http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/make-firefox-remember-usernames-and-passwords
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The browser can store username/password combos. When you delete the cookies, it doesn't affect the username/password database.

When you use the browser functionality to save the username/password combo, the browser knows the page and id of the element that has the username and, when that page is rendered, can offer to pre-populate the values but only in empty fields.

In any case, this is all browser-triggered stuff. There is nothing in your page (or Liferay) which triggers this activity.

David H Nebinger:
The browser can store username/password combos. When you delete the cookies, it doesn't affect the username/password database.

When you use the browser functionality to save the username/password combo, the browser knows the page and id of the element that has the username and, when that page is rendered, can offer to pre-populate the values but only in empty fields.

Exactly that is what I want to use.

David H Nebinger:
In any case, this is all browser-triggered stuff. There is nothing in your page (or Liferay) which triggers this activity.

But it seems that Liferay can prevent it. The browser does not fill in the Liferay Sign In form.
And I realized this is as long as such fields come pre-filled with some value. As soon as I remove that, Firefox offers the stored value.

So what can I do to make Liferay deliver an empty sign-in form without any mail domain in it?