留言板

CKFinder out of date

thumbnail
Joss Sanglier,修改在12 年前。

CKFinder out of date

Junior Member 帖子: 60 加入日期: 09-7-15 最近的帖子
Poking around on the CKFinder site I notice that the version we are using is seriously out of date and looks it too!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the newer versions have abandoned framsets and it appears to be all divs now so it is not straightforward to replace. It does look a lot better, though I think this is by far the weakest part of the CKEditor offering - others are doing it much better with lovely features like thumbnail resizing and so on.

Worth looking at Plupload perhaps and shoehorn it in somehow.

emoticon
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski,修改在12 年前。

RE: CKFinder out of date

Regular Member 帖子: 246 加入日期: 09-6-8 最近的帖子
Personaly I love TinyMCE and its MCImageManager . Basic image operation right there in your CMS system. Check it out here
thumbnail

Joss Sanglier:

Worth looking at Plupload perhaps and shoehorn it in somehow.

Can you put any link to the shoehorn thing? I can not find it in google emoticon
thumbnail
Joss Sanglier,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 60 加入日期: 09-7-15 最近的帖子
With Joomla one third party has taken the TinyMCE image manager to new levels:

http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/

His extended image manager presents you with a very neat file browser and all the image possibilities all wrapped into one. You can upload image (with a redesign of plupload), resizing the image AND creating a thumbnail as you do so which is automatically placed into a thumbnail subdirectory that it creates on the fly. You can then select a full size image that you want to display in a shadowbox popup and it will fill in the details of the thumbnail to be inserted into your article for you. It also can crop and resize any existing image and so on.

He really should be brought on board (might need a bribe as he is a one man band and this is part of his business). His extension already has a comprehensive joomla management system so you can define exactly what roles (groups in joomla) can use what bits of the editor - easy to define different plugins, editor buttons, layouts and so on for each role. He also has plugins for media management, non-image file management, full screen options, template management (not needed with Liferay) and so on.

His business model means the core version is free but he charges for the more clever extensions, though not much.

Meanwhile, here is your shoehorn - It is an absolutely mandatory piece of equipement for anyone attempting to fit a software solution to a clients real needs when you cant be bothered to do it the proper way! emoticon (I apologise for too much idiomatic English)

Joss
thumbnail

LOL, I thought it is a name of some kind of a software emoticon
thumbnail

I've forgot I started thread about Web Content abstract and small image. It's about the same problem of giving users at least crop and resize ability.