留言板

Paid Membership

Marcin Kierdelewicz,修改在15 年前。

Paid Membership

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 08-7-18 最近的帖子
Hi,
I am new to Liferay but spent many years with small business open source cmses.
I like Liferay and it's rich features but I have question about one I can't find any information about.

Does Liferay allow users to signup, pay for membership and get access to group based on chosen membership plan?
I need recurring payments with paypal only.

Thank you very much for all your answers and suggestions.

Best regards
Marcin Kierdelewicz
Mariano Cifre,修改在15 年前。

RE: Paid Membership

Junior Member 帖子: 86 加入日期: 08-5-27 最近的帖子
Hi Marcin,

Not that I am aware of...

There is a Portlet that uses Paypal... it is on the Shopping group of portlets I think. Perhaps you can take a look at it and it may help.

Mariano.
Marcin Kierdelewicz,修改在15 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 08-7-18 最近的帖子
Hi Mariano,
thank you very much for your answer. Yes, you are correct that there is a shopping portlet where I can use paypal as payment option.

I have 2 question:
1. can I set it up in this way that payment will set up also recurring paypal payments, ie monthly payments for membership and not only one time fee?
2. how can I configure workflow to assign user who successfully purchased membership to exact user group which will allow him/her access to paid membership features?

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Best regards
Marcin
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo,修改在14 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 08-10-31 最近的帖子
Marcin Kierdelewicz:
Hi Mariano,
thank you very much for your answer. Yes, you are correct that there is a shopping portlet where I can use paypal as payment option.

I have 2 question:
1. can I set it up in this way that payment will set up also recurring paypal payments, ie monthly payments for membership and not only one time fee?
2. how can I configure workflow to assign user who successfully purchased membership to exact user group which will allow him/her access to paid membership features?

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Best regards
Marcin

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ryan
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
Right now, to the best of my knowledge, there is *not* an out of the box subscription model for Liferay, even though it's PHP based counter parts have had this for quite some time. It is, however, in the Proposal Wiki, and I strongly suggest that you go for vote for it, if it is an important feature for you.
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo,修改在14 年前。

Lisa,

That takes me to a picture slider page... am I missing something? =)
Jean-Pierre Doggett,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 11-12-5 最近的帖子
Hi,

I know this was posted some time ago but I wanted to ask if you found a solution as I am looking for something very similar?

Thanks,

JP
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1228 加入日期: 08-4-14 最近的帖子
pay for membership and get access to group based on chosen membership plan...

Just would like to mention that such functionality is made available for LR6.0+, i.e. self-registration and paid memberships, change of membership plans in real-time, recurring and transaction/service based payments, including digital content purchase and delivery.

Hooked to PayPal and recurring billing providers. At the moment you still have to contact us directly if you need a similar setup. We are still not sure how to generalise the setup so it can be self-tuned by portlet users, simply because requirements for paid membership-based systems are too wide.

Hopefully soon we will be able to find a common model suitable for public distribution and not requiring specialized assistance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
I'm just setting up a similar system but with partner accounts instead of self-registration. We're probably be integrating with CRM instead of using something like PayPal (not used in Japan too much).
Nikhil Sood,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 41 加入日期: 09-8-12 最近的帖子
Hi there,

Did anyone manage to find paid membership functionality in Liferay? We are also looking for it for our portal.

Nikhil
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo,修改在14 年前。

check out this post as well... same thing

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1817205?_19_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fguest%2Fcommunity%2Fforums%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fsearch%3F_19_redirect%3D%252Fweb%252Fguest%252Fcommunity%252Fforums%26_19_breadcrumbsCategoryId%3D0%26_19_searchCategoryIds%3D0%26_19_keywords%3Dpaypal
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

There is a new feature request document out and that includes paid membership. If this feature is important to you, please go vote for it...

You can find it here.
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach,修改在14 年前。

Expert 帖子: 329 加入日期: 08-10-23 最近的帖子
Hi Ryan,

Did you ever figure out how to create a paid membership in liferay?

I am trying to implement this same thing you were researching. I would like a user to create an account then if the pay for a service they will have a role assigned to them that will allow them access to certain data.

Any help or direction you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo,修改在14 年前。

Brian Scott Schupbach:
Hi Ryan,

Did you ever figure out how to create a paid membership in liferay?

I am trying to implement this same thing you were researching. I would like a user to create an account then if the pay for a service they will have a role assigned to them that will allow them access to certain data.

Any help or direction you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

I found some docs in the paypal api but it would essentially require you to have a different auth server from the built in LR one to be the intermediary. Also LR would have to take the auto generated paypal user id and pwd (which is random numbers and letters) unless you were linking auth accts in the server. ie Ryan@ryan.com = randomuser so that users signing into LR would have a "normal" login

Too much work for us right now, we dropped it until there is a community solution

Ryan
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

Click on the Communty -> Wiki -> Proposals and then you can go vote for it. Apparently, my keyboard is going out on my laptop. Copy and paste isn't working right.