留言板

Hot deploy listener - 5.2.3 vs. 6.0.6

Kevin Dean,修改在12 年前。

Hot deploy listener - 5.2.3 vs. 6.0.6

New Member 帖子: 24 加入日期: 09-2-5 最近的帖子
I have an application running under Liferay 5.2.3 on GlassFish 2.1.

I have started to experiment with Liferay 6.0.6 on GlassFish 3.1.1 and have noticed a crucial difference that may cause problems with my deployment.

My current system uses nothing but the GlassFish command-line tools to deploy the various application components (three EARs each with a portlet WAR, one non-portlet WAR, and one theme WAR). Liferay happily detects all the WAR files and the portlets or themes therein.

My initial testing with Liferay 6.0.6 shows that it does not have this behaviour. Instead, I have to go through the Liferay "deploy" directory in order to deploy my WAR files and some of the preliminary queries I've done suggests that EAR files are not handled by dropping them in that directory at all.

The Liferay "deploy" approach is problematic for two reasons. The first is that I like to pre-compile my JSPs as part of the deployment process; the second is that the deployment process with the GlassFish asadmin command-line blocks until it's complete, which means that I can get proper feedback of the deployment process (I use Ant to automate everything).

Is there any way to get back the 5.2.3 behaviour?
Kevin Dean,修改在12 年前。

RE: Hot deploy listener - 5.2.3 vs. 6.0.6

Another problem that this presents is that, during development in Ecplise, all I had to do with 5.2.3 was right-click on the GlassFish server in the "Servers" view and select "Publish". If there is truly a requirement that I go through the Liferay "deploy" directory, that will take away some of the automation I've tried so hard to create for my development team.
Kevin Dean,修改在12 年前。

RE: Hot deploy listener - 5.2.3 vs. 6.0.6

As it turns out, this is likely not a problem. I looked back at the way my web applications are configured in Eclipse and it seems that I modified my build process to do the Liferay deployment work automatically when preparing the WARs and EARs. I got distracted by the testing I was doing with the ICEfaces 2.0 component showcase, which doesn't have the necessary deployment patches integrated into it and therefore has to go through the "deploy" directory.