留言板

Two version of portlet project

Greg Dillier,修改在12 年前。

Two version of portlet project

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 10-11-1 最近的帖子
Hello all,

is it possible to deploy two versions of a portlet project?
Say an original version and a new version for further development.
What settings have to be changed so that both projects are available in Liferay at the same time?
I tried to upload a new independent version and changed some settings in the xml files, but as soon as I upload it the old version is displaced.

Regards,
Greg
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

RE: Two version of portlet project

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The key is going to be the portlet-name element in your portlet.xml file and associated liferay-portlet.xml file. As long as the name is different, they can be exact copies of each other and should appear in the add apps item.

You're probably going to want to tweak liferay-display.xml also so the portlets will have different logical names.
Greg Dillier,修改在12 年前。

David H Nebinger:
The key is going to be the portlet-name element in your portlet.xml file and associated liferay-portlet.xml file. As long as the name is different, they can be exact copies of each other and should appear in the add apps item.

You're probably going to want to tweak liferay-display.xml also so the portlets will have different logical names.

Thank you. I tried that and can also change the liferay-display setting but the projects still replace each other.
On the server webapps folder both projects generate the same xyz-portlet folder. Where do I have to change this folder name of the project?

Regards,
Greg
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1302 加入日期: 09-6-24 最近的帖子
They will replace if the project name in IDE is same.. and finally the war file name is same..
Greg Dillier,修改在12 年前。

Ravi Kumar Gupta:
They will replace if the project name in IDE is same.. and finally the war file name is same..

Thank you Ravi. That's the solution. I had to rename the war file and the project. There was some problem with the war file names too. they were: "xyz-portlet" and "xyz-portlet-test" that did not work. With "xyz-portlet" and "xyztest-portlet" everything works fine.

Regards,
Greg