留言板

Modifying/Customizing the create account portlet

Federico Zuppa,修改在12 年前。

Modifying/Customizing the create account portlet

New Member 帖子: 8 加入日期: 11-7-26 最近的帖子
Hi all,
I need to do the following. I am creating a community using the portal where users will request access and an administrator will have to approve it, after they pay. To do that, I figure that the first thing to do is making the default community restricted and then associate by default all new users to this community (in Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Users, the 3rd tab is "Default User Associations"). Is this the way to do it? The behaviour I see now is that for the default community, the association is not even created. And if I create another community, the association between the user and the community is created directly, without going through a state of approval. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Fede
Nilang I Patel,修改在12 年前。

RE: Modifying/Customizing the create account portlet

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 11-7-26 最近的帖子
Hi Fede,

From your post I understand the following. Correct me If I am wrong.

1) You need restricted community for which normal user has to pay something to join. Normal user will pay something and then Admin will approve it after that only that user is able to see that community .. Am I correct..?
2) The approach you done ( default user association) will be use in the case when you want to by default (As its name suggest) assign community to user after he/she logged in. So What I feel is you should not follow this way because it will allow to join the community after user logged in.
3) You mentioned about the default community. You can call this as guest community which is by default accessible to all users. I am not getting the portion of your comment ' The behaviour I see now is that for the default community, the association is not even created. And if I create another community, the association between the user and the community is created directly, without going through a state of approval. '.
Can you elaborate more on this so that I can help you in right direction.

Regards
Nilang I Patel
Federico Zuppa,修改在12 年前。

Nilang I Patel:
Hi Fede,

From your post I understand the following. Correct me If I am wrong.

1) You need restricted community for which normal user has to pay something to join. Normal user will pay something and then Admin will approve it after that only that user is able to see that community .. Am I correct..?

- That is correct

2) The approach you done ( default user association) will be use in the case when you want to by default (As its name suggest) assign community to user after he/she logged in. So What I feel is you should not follow this way because it will allow to join the community after user logged in.
3) You mentioned about the default community. You can call this as guest community which is by default accessible to all users. I am not getting the portion of your comment ' The behaviour I see now is that for the default community, the association is not even created. And if I create another community, the association between the user and the community is created directly, without going through a state of approval. '.
Can you elaborate more on this so that I can help you in right direction.

- I am not sure what is the name of the community that exists by default, the one that changes its name after the portal name. As my portal is about one community, I thought that this should be the community to use. Anyway, the use case is the one in point 1. Still thinking what is the best way of implementing it.

Regards
Nilang I Patel
Nilang I Patel,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 11-7-26 最近的帖子
Hi Fede,

In this case you can follow the below design.

1) The default community ( to which we will call Guest community) will have the same name as instance name.
2) In your case you can create another restricted community. You can write custom code to insert the payment gatway while putting the joining request for this restricted community. Once normal user's payment is successed then you can join that user to this restricted community programatically.

Regards
Nilang I Patel
Federico Zuppa,修改在12 年前。

Thanks a lot Nilang. I will work in that direction
Federico Zuppa,修改在12 年前。

I am implementing the proposed solution and bump into an issue. I tried to use MembershipRequestService.addMembershipRequest(long groupId, String comments), but of course this works when the user is already logged in (it doesn't have the user as parameter). I search through all the Service API, but couldn't find a method. So I tried with the JSON Service (following this example: http://www.liferay.com/web/james.falkner/blog/-/blogs/9308485) and it worked. I am not sure if this is the correct approach though.
Any thoughts, hints?