Hook with default site and page templates
Company Blogs July 13, 2010 By Sergio González Staff
Liferay 6 offers a new functionality to easily manage sites and pages by using templates. New templates can be designed in Page Templates and Site Templates sections in Control Panel. Administrators can design templates, include portlets, select layouts, look and feel, and everything you can set when creating a new page. They can also create site templates by defining pages to include when creating communities or organizations.
When adding a new page, administrators will be able to select one of the previously created page templates.
Same when creating new communities: select the site template to use for public and private pages.
Liferay 6 will be released including a hook containing examples of page and site templates that can be used out of the box when adding pages, communities or organizations.
Default page templates included in the hook:
- Blog: Create, edit, and view blogs from this page. Explore topics using tags, and connect with other members that blog.
- Content: Create, edit, and explore content with this page. Search available content, explore related content with tags, and browse content categories.
- Wiki: Collaborate with members through the wiki on this page. Discover related content through tags, and navigate quickly and easily with categories.
Default site templates included in the hook:
- Public: contains home, blog, wiki, and forum page. A suite of social collaboration tools including blogs, polls, wiki, and message boards.
- Private: contains home, calendar, documents, and images page. A place to manage your documents and images, follow your upcoming events in the calendar, search the directory or see the announcements.
Some screenshots of the default public and private site templates... Hope you like it!