Radio Liferay Episode 38: Alberto Chaparro on the Migration tool for Portlets Version 6.1 to 6.2
General Blogs February 5, 2014 By Olaf Kock Staff
I talked with Alberto Chaparro. Alberto works for Liferay as a support engineer on the spanish team. This conversation follows up on something that Iliyan mentioned in episode 37: The migration tool that will help you upgrade your portlet from 6.1 to 6.2. We're talking during the end of the symposium, so the background noise that you hear are people that are starting to break down the staff room.
- Alberto has helped Iliyan working on the upgrade tool that we spoke about in episode 37
- The tool helps upgrading AlloyUI JS, CSS and some JSP code from Liferay 6.1 to 6.2
- Alberto presented this tool at the spanish symposium
- The tool is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, Installation instructions are available in the tool / github repository
- It's been used on 100+ portlet plugins already, providing good service in the upgrade process. Sorry, this is the only plugin type that it's good for.
Again, shoutout and big thank you to Auphonic for postproduction help. This is a fantastic service!
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory.
Or just download the MP3 here: