Liferay for your ears - I had the opportunity to record a session with 3/4 of the founders, namely all the Brians (simplifying the "y" in Bryan to "i" for this pluralization): Brian Chan (Chief Software Architect), Brian Kim (Chief Operating Officer), Bryan Cheung (Chief Executive Officer).
Some of the topics we talked about:
- How they met and started to work despite different music and food taste
- How or if college grades (might) relate to real life
- While they used to live on the same floor some time, now they are still on the same planet...
- Crazy organic growth and the hardest year, Rooming arrangements and sacrifices during the startup phase
- The honorary Brian (the fourth founder, who could not join the recording), Mike Young, and why he should use EJBs for his marriage, what risk he took
- How Caris put up with Brian's activity after 10pm and got Liferay's invoices off of notepad
- The long term plans, "no exit" strategy and how a business can help to do good
- And at the end the microphone unexpectedly turned around, and I give away pieces of my history with Liferay
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay with your favourite podcatcher. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory.